2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Yes, I believe he will...but not with Washington. And it's a pretty standard Nats contract offer, from what I read. Really backloaded, and the AAV isn't even 30 million a year.
    But still the overall amount of the contract is nothing is sneeze at. You are probably correct .

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        He pitched 5 innings 2years ago. Last season he started 5 games. Hopefully he stays healthy but I'm not betting on that.
        4.2 innings for the season. He's done for the year.

Wow. That $245mm contract the Nationals gave him is looking historically bad. They have gotten 31 IP from him in 3 years, 0.0 WAR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Wow. That $245mm contract the Nationals gave him is looking historically bad. They have gotten 31 IP from him in 3 years, 0.0 WAR.
          8 million an inning? Sounds like a bargain

Comment

Years ago a team could survive a player getting hurt like Strassburg but contracts nowadays can literally cripple a team. Hard for the team and fans. The Nats are in baseball hell.

Comment

• C.J. Abrams called up (again) by his new team.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Patrick Corbin actually pitched fairly well today for a change, giving up 2 ER in 5.3 IP, altho he did issue 2 walks and gave up 9 hits. But he still lost anyway 2-1, bringing his W-L record to 4-17. He's on a pace to lose 22 games. The last MLB pitcher to lose 20 G was Mike Maroth in 2003. Corbin is owed $23 mil. this yr, $24 mil. next year and $35 mil. in 2024. To be fair, he did help the Nats win a WS title in 2019. He went 14-7 that year w a 3.25 ERA, a 1.18 WHIP and had 238 Ks in 202.0 IP. But that's been the only good year he's had for them. I guess you could still say "flags fly forever" but that's an awful lot to pay for one good year and a title.

Comment

• The Nationals released Maikel Franco on Friday, which was also his 30th birthday.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    The Nationals released Maikel Franco on Friday, which was also his 30th birthday.
                    Did the Nats at least buy him a cake?

Comment

• Keibert Ruiz was sent to the hospital after taking a pitch to the groin and leaving Thursday's game with swollen testicles. Ouch.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Keibert Ruiz was sent to the hospital after taking a pitch to the groin and leaving Thursday's game with swollen testicles. Ouch.
                        He got hit in the nats! I suppose it is a moo point if he was wearing a cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          He got hit in the nats! I suppose it is a moo point if he was wearing a cup.
                          2 nats, no cup

Comment

2 nats, no cup
                            Some of life's lessons are harder than others. I am thinking he will not forget this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Some of life's lessons are harder than others. I am thinking he will not forget this one.
                              I think this may be more of a soft lesson actually.

Comment

• Is Joey Meneses really this good? Or did he just take advantage of pitchers who were unfamiliar with him?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X