2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

crap, I had a long response to this that i screwed up and it got deleted....anyway, I like playing one league and being invested in that team win or lose
    and second marriage allows some leeway on drafting in my opinion, ha ha
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

crap, I had a long response to this that i screwed up and it got deleted....anyway, I like playing one league and being invested in that team win or lose
      The RJ NFBC league is sad that you aren't invested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Maybe I should start a thread to see how many leagues folks play in and their success in them.
        Please do, that sounds fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

The RJ NFBC league is sad that you aren't invested.
          I am sure they are. I guess I don't consider those to be leagues, more of an excercise or contest. Can't get too attached since you throw all the players back in 6 months
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I am sure they are. I guess I don't consider those to be leagues, more of an excercise or contest. Can't get too attached since you throw all the players back in 6 months
            You throw all players back in 6 months in all redraft leagues. Redrafts can be fun.

I agree that the NFBC leagues are partially for draft research although the intent is to draft and also manage a real team. Last year Pauly and I won the league we entered for this and at times we were pretty high up the overall standings too.

It's not a throwaway though, when we signed up we were committing to drafting and managing a team.

Comment

You throw all players back in 6 months in all redraft leagues. Redrafts can be fun.

I agree that the NFBC leagues are partially for draft research although the intent is to draft and also manage a real team. Last year Pauly and I won the league we entered for this and at times we were pretty high up the overall standings too.

It's not a throwaway though, when we signed up we were committing to drafting and managing a team.
              Sure redrafts can be fun.I was in the fop 3-5 for a bit in one of the RJEL leagues, maybe two years ago. That kept me interested. But I didn't care that much when i dropped to closer to mid-pack. And a lot of people didn't appear to be keeping lineups up to date once they dropped lower in the standings.. Different people enjoy different things, so for those who enjoy redrafts there are certainly plenty of options

EDIT - yeah, people should do their best to manage teams they sign up for.
              Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-23-2023, 11:50 AM.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Keepers were due in my local league Saturday night and one guy kept Altuve for $25. As commish I'm going to offer him the chance to pick a replacement. I did the same thing for the Chris Sale ($65) owner a few years ago. I hate to see anyone have their title chances sunk before the season even starts. Everyone in my league seems to be ok with it since they know it could happen to them one day. I just hope no more keepers get hurt this week as we get closer to our auction next Sunday.
                Et tu Hoskins.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Astros' GM Dana Brown announced Friday that Luis Garcia will undergo Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. See you in 2024.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What in the world is wrong w Bregman? Owners paid a pretty penny for him (me too) and he has stunk to high heaven. 0-4 again today. His slash line is .195/.322/.320. And w the new rule changes I thought he'd be a candidate for some SBs, since he used to run some but he hasnt even attempted a SB. You figured that he'd snap out of his slump after a while but he's just gotten worse. Hitting .130 over the last 15 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      What in the world is wrong w Bregman? Owners paid a pretty penny for him (me too) and he has stunk to high heaven. 0-4 again today. His slash line is .195/.322/.320. And w the new rule changes I thought he'd be a candidate for some SBs, since he used to run some but he hasnt even attempted a SB. You figured that he'd snap out of his slump after a while but he's just gotten worse. Hitting .130 over the last 15 days.
                      Do you want the good news or the bad news?

His babip is down which should regress. Some luck there.

But his babip problem may be partially deserved since he isn't hitting the ball hard.

Sprint speed is down ~1ft/sec so I wouldn't expect many steals.

Comment

• Is Abreu toast at this point? I just traded for him for an also struggling Wilmer Flores (the Tigers pitcher). I don't really need him and I don't expect much, but I'm hoping he gets on a hot streak that will allow me to flip him for a decent SP. He looks like he doesn't belong in the majors at this point, and I know 1bmen his age do tend to fall of cliffs, but sometimes they get a second wind for a bit (even if just a dead cat bounce). Anyone see any glimmer of hope of that happening? I have already shopped him, but it seems there is no interest right now, so I need some signs of life before I can move him.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-19-2023, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• I have benched Jose Abreu to start Ciint Frazier this week. That's how bad Abreu is. He looks absolutely toasted and Houston is going to regret that deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            I have benched Jose Abreu to start Ciint Frazier this week. That's how bad Abreu is. He looks absolutely toasted and Houston is going to regret that deal
                            36 year old Cuban playing 1B for Houston has a terrible season after a good season the previous year.

Is it 2020 or 2023?

Comment

36 year old Cuban playing 1B for Houston has a terrible season after a good season the previous year.

Is it 2020 or 2023?
                              36? The records say he’s 24!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post

36? The records say he’s 24!
                                which one

Comment

Working...
                                X