2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Is there a chance Devenski gets moved into the rotation? 32 Ks in 16 IP! The Houston pen would still be very capable without him.
    Judging from their usage and what I've read, I'd be surprised. OTOH, Fiers has been a punching bag, and McHugh is out for another 6-8 weeks. And even Joe Musgrove hasn't exactly been killing it in his starting role.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• We're over a month into the season and Chris Devenski is still on pace to end up with ~200 strikeouts. I hope they don't mess with it, I'll take a middle reliever who will help me win the WHIP, ERA, and K category every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        We're over a month into the season and Chris Devenski is still on pace to end up with ~200 strikeouts. I hope they don't mess with it, I'll take a middle reliever who will help me win the WHIP, ERA, and K category every day.
        I don't know what this Mike Marshall-like usage of him will do for him longterm health, but my AL Tout Wars team is very appreciative

Comment

• In my 12 team AL Only, in rebuild mode, I just dealt Chapman $35 in exchange for Devenski $6 + 1st Rd farm pick.

I wonder what becomes of Devenski's role. I love the multi-inning super-reliever concept. I heard this predicted within the last few years, that there might become a new type of super-reliever good for 3-4 IP for use in high leverage, good for a lot of W's, you'd think. He's on pace for 11 W's.

Houston has 2 other relievers I quite like, Michael Feliz and James Hoyt. I had an eye on Hoyt coming into this year, given his interesting 2016 debut numbers (4.50 era, 1.14 whip, 22 IP/28K). His first 3 appearances have me intrigued (4.2 IP, 10 K/1 BB, 2 hits, 0 runs, and a win).
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Let's talk Carlos Correa.

I read he had a tender ankle during the 2016 season and didn't even attempt a stolen base for around six weeks. Heading into 2017, I was thinking 20+ homers, 20+ steals in a great lineup. Correa is still incredible young, playing this season as a 22 year old and speed doesn't usually leave a player at such a young age, is he being held up by management or just not running. We are 6 weeks in and Correa is without an attempt!!

Comment

• Mike Fiers has given up a whopping 14 HRs in just 30 IP. That's 4.2 HR/9! How can they keep sending him out there? Who's next in line for his job?

Comment

• McHugh will be back next month, though Musgrove isn't impressing people either. The Astros have Francis Martes at AAA but he's not doing all that well. They have another guy that I had never heard of named Brady Rodgers who was the PCL Pitcher of the Year last year and had a 1.10 ERA in three games before going on the DL a couple weeks ago. Maybe he gets a shot? Or maybe they sign Fister?
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  McHugh will be back next month, though Musgrove isn't impressing people either. The Astros have Francis Martes at AAA but he's not doing all that well. They have another guy that I had never heard of named Brady Rodgers who was the PCL Pitcher of the Year last year and had a 1.10 ERA in three games before going on the DL a couple weeks ago. Maybe he gets a shot? Or maybe they sign Fister?
                  Oof, Martes has 15 BBs in 16 IP. Yeah, he's not the guy. Rodgers is doing well, but is he just a veteran dominating younger players? Not sure. And not sure if he does get the call that he would be all that interesting from a fantasy perspective. He came up last year for a cup of coffee and got battered (8 1/3 IP, 15 H, 7 BB, 3 K).

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Ouch.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Between Correa and Springer, just two stolen base attempts, both failed. Team strategy or the players are choosing to not run??

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          Between Correa and Springer, just two stolen base attempts, both failed. Team strategy or the players are choosing to not run??
                          I'd bet the 12 CS the team has means more to management than the 29 successful SBs do. That could have been another 5-7 runs gone with that offense.

Comment

• Derek Fisher is being promoted today

Comment

• Bregman - after a potential breakout rookie year - a pedestrian sophomore year (more of rookie year) and doesn't even play every day

Has he turned in around recently? next year?

what are expectations?

Comment

• I wonder if this really is alex bregman...

Nothing is ever truly hidden on the internet. Last weekend, Houston Astros third baseman Alex Bregman direct-messaged a fan who was lamenting the missed chance to trade the 23-year-old to the Chicago White Sox in the offseason for ace Chris Sale...

Comment

Working...
                                X