No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Athletics release INF Elvis Andrus and OF Stephen Piscotty.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      The Athletics release INF Elvis Andrus and OF Stephen Piscotty.
      I heard an amazing tidbit about Elvis Andrus today on Rates & Barrels.

He had an option at 550 PA when Oakland released him. Since he was quickly picked up and played frequently for the White Sox, he's now only 29 PA away from triggering his $16 mil option, with 13 games to play. If he does, Oakland will be on the hook for the entire $16 mil (minus league minimum, presumably).
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

He had an option at 550 PA when Oakland released him. Since he was quickly picked up and played frequently for the White Sox, he's now only 29 PA away from triggering his $16 mil option, with 13 games to play. If he does, Oakland will be on the hook for the entire $16 mil (minus league minimum, presumably).
        That's awesome. And he's hitting really well, so the White Sox can put him out there, be more competitive and screw a possible competitor. Win-win, baby!!
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

Well, the A's have lots of money to play around with so no biggie.

Comment

• Isn’t the A’s post-deadline payroll something like $25M total? So this would represent over half of that for Elvis next year? wow

Comment

• Seth Brown out 4-to-6 weeks with an oblique strain

Comment

• From CBS:

The Oakland A's announced Thursday that the club has reached an agreement to build a stadium on land near the Las Vegas Strip. As a result, the team stated that they are hoping to be playing games in their new stadium by 2027.

However, a move to Las Vegas could come sooner than that. A's president Dave Kaval told The New York Times that the A's could play their home games at Las Vegas Ballpark, which is currently the home of the Las Vegas Aviators. The Aviators are currently the Triple A affiliate of the A's.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/o...nced%20Thursda y,could%20come%20sooner%20than%20that.

Comment

• The possum was the final straw.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    The possum was the final straw.
                    The possum story is funny/pathetic. How do you fail to get rid of a single possum for close to a year?

Comment

• I’m not an As fan but will join them in saying FU to this franchise now and when they move to Las Vegas. They represent the worst of mlb’s greedy excesses.

Comment

• I ran across a statistic today that I could not believe. Everyone knows that Oakland is terrible. But did you realize that coming into today their team ERA is 8.05? Yeah, it's still early in the season but 8.05 after 4 weeks??? The 2nd worst team ERA is the WhiteSox at 5.65. MLB average is 4.30. When is the last time a team ERA was as high as 8.05 4 weeks into the season? Ever?

BTW, their team BA is .227, 25th in MLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          I ran across a statistic today that I could not believe. Everyone knows that Oakland is terrible. But did you realize that coming into today their team ERA is 8.05? Yeah, it's still early in the season but 8.05 after 4 weeks??? The 2nd worst team ERA is the WhiteSox at 5.65. MLB average is 4.30. When is the last time a team ERA was as high as 8.05 4 weeks into the season? Ever?

BTW, their team BA is .227, 25th in MLB.
                          Their record is 6-23.

Their pythag record is 6-23.

In other words, they fully deserve to be this bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Their record is 6-23.

Their pythag record is 6-23.

In other words, they fully deserve to be this bad.
                            With their run differential of -117, I'm surprised their Pythag rcd isnt even worse. Their avg Runs against is more than twice their avg Runs scored.(!)

Comment

• The A's are averaging 2,300 fans per game, which is less than any of their minor league affiliates, including their A ball team. Embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                The A's are averaging 2,300 fans per game, which is less than any of their minor league affiliates, including their A ball team. Embarrassing.
                                I get the feeling that A's ownership is trying to suppress attendance to justify moving the team.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X