2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Hahn with an impressive CGSHO vs the Tigers. His K rate is still pretty whimpy, but he may be turning a corner.
    Certainly a strong start but that was a pretty whimpy lineup the Tigers threw out there.

Comment

Hahn with an impressive CGSHO vs the Tigers. His K rate is still pretty whimpy, but he may be turning a corner.
      Makes sense since I finally dropped him last night.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        In my AL-only I had put Hahn and Eovaldi on my bench since I was afraid of their match-ups then said "screw it, my ERA's already terrible, let's roll the dice".

BOOYAH!

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I never drop a pitcher right before a start. Right after a start in disgust, sure, but right before a start, you are just asking for regrets.

Comment

BTW, what was especially impressive about Hahn's CGSHO was he managed to pull it off despite having to work around 3 errors from his defense. That is damn impressive, especially against a good hitting team.

Comment

BTW, what was especially impressive about Hahn's CGSHO was he managed to pull it off despite having to work around 3 errors from his defense. That is damn impressive, especially against a good hitting team.
              Agreed but without Vic and Miggy it was a pretty sad 5-9 hitters. Collins/Casty/Mccann/Perez/Machado. Kinsler/Martinez and Cespedes was still a solid 2-4 though.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Agreed but without Vic and Miggy it was a pretty sad 5-9 hitters. Collins/Casty/Mccann/Perez/Machado. Kinsler/Martinez and Cespedes was still a solid 2-4 though.

Meh, I'll steal a line that I read the other day...that lineup is like the travelling squad that goes to Surprise AZ during spring training.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Kazmir exits with left shoulder tightness. Uh oh.....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Kazmir exits with left shoulder tightness. Uh oh.....
                    Followed by the dreaded MRI.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

billy burns fantasy gold

Comment

So much for that...

Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser 2m2 minutes ago

Doolittle back on DL with left shoulder strain and Angel Castro recalled. #Athletics
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          billy burns fantasy gold
                          I keep going back and forth whether to sell high or hold. He's one of those super fast guys who has the chance to steal 70 bases in a season, but he also doesn't have that great of a minor league track record as far as actually getting on base. Is he vintage Juan Pierre or just another Tom Goodwin?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                            I keep going back and forth whether to sell high or hold. He's one of those super fast guys who has the chance to steal 70 bases in a season, but he also doesn't have that great of a minor league track record as far as actually getting on base. Is he vintage Juan Pierre or just another Tom Goodwin?
                            Would you believe that Juan Pierre's seasonal SB high is 68 and Goodwin's is 66?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              Burns career minor league OBP in 406 games is .387 despite a terrible year (AA/AAA) at the plate in 2014.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Burns career minor league OBP in 406 games is .387 despite a terrible year (AA/AAA) at the plate in 2014.
                                That seems to be the argument on the pro side but then so many "experts" are swayed by the 2014 results that it was a tough sell to make it seem like Burns was even worthy of being in the majors. I'm a believer, but I also have him in a league with only 4 OF spots of which I already have plenty of keeper candidates - Springer $5, JD Martinez $10, Rusney Castillo $10, Buxton eventually $5 - so if he becomes a Juan Pierre clone I'll be kicking myself but if he becomes one of those speedster flameouts it won't hurt as much.

Comment

Working...
                                X