No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passan reporting that Laureano has been suspended 80 games for PEDs. See ya next year.

Comment

• Hot take: If AJ Puk was ever healthy for five consecutive minutes, he'd be the most dominant left hander in the AL. His stuff is unbelievable and looks an awful lot like the Big Unit's.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Starling Marte has 24 stolen bases in his last 38 games.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Starling Marte has 24 stolen bases in his last 38 games.
          He missed over a month and he still is tied w Merrifield for the MLB in SBs w 36. He's on pace for 47 SBs, which would tie his career high. Even w his HRs down a bit this year, I'm loving his roto production.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            He missed over a month and he still is tied w Merrifield for the MLB in SBs w 36. He's on pace for 47 SBs, which would tie his career high. Even w his HRs down a bit this year, I'm loving his roto production.
            And Marte has been batting second for most of the year. So, he has probably missed a lot of first inning opportunities when the leadoff batter was on base ahead of him.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Starling Marte has 24 stolen bases in his last 38 games.
              Two more steals today plus one yesterday gives Marte 27 stolen bases in his last 40 games. He has almost as many with the A's (18 in 22 games) as he did in almost three times as many games with the Marlins (22 in 64 games)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Two more steals today plus one yesterday gives Marte 27 stolen bases in his last 40 games. He has almost as many with the A's (18 in 22 games) as he did in almost three times as many games with the Marlins (22 in 64 games)
                He's almost single-handedly wrapping up 1st place in SBs for me. I have a pretty good SB team anyway w Tatis, Ohtani, Baez and Hamilton but he's removing all doubt. Plus, he's hitting well over .300!

Comment

• Starling Marte on Saturday became the first player in MLB history to record 20 stolen bases in both the American and National Leagues in the same season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Starling Marte on Saturday became the first player in MLB history to record 20 stolen bases in both the American and National Leagues in the same season.
                    That's amazing!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      That's amazing!
                      It's even more amazing when you consider Marte has played only 27 games for the A's!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AlexFast8/status...161503243?s=20

Marte has more stolen bases since the all star break than 23 teams. Don't know how to embed tweets here.

Comment

• Beyond the SBs, do you realize that Marte would be leading the AL in hitting at this moment (.318) if he qualified? And coming into tonite's game, he was w/i 5 PAs of qualifying.

Comment

Beyond the SBs, do you realize that Marte would be leading the AL in hitting at this moment (.318) if he qualified? And coming into tonite's game, he was w/i 5 PAs of qualifying.
                            It seems kind of silly, what with interleague play, that a player no longer qualifies for a league statistical title because he was traded away. They should change the rule to qualifying based on which league the player has the most ABs.

Comment

• Disastrous loss for the A's tonite. Leading 8-2 going to the bottom of the 8th, former closer Lou Trivino gives up 6 runs, including a game-tying GS by Lourdes Gurriel. A's then retake the lead 10-8 in the 9th only to have newly-anointed closer Sergio Romo give up a game-winning 3-run HR to Marcus Semien w/o retiring a batter. The loss coupled w the RedSox' win puts them 3 games out for the 2nd wild card.
                              Last edited by rhd; 09-03-2021, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Disastrous loss for the A's tonite. Leading 8-2 going to the bottom of the 8th, former closer Lou Trivino gives up 6 runs, including a game-tying GS by Lourdes Gurriel. A's then retake the lead 10-8 in the 9th only to have newly-anointed closer Sergio Romo give up a game-winning 3-run HR to Marcus Semien w/o retiring a batter. The loss coupled w the RedSox' win puts them 3 games out for the 2nd wild card.
                                And Starling Marte got hit in the head with a pitch. He ran the bases for himself, but was pulled for a defensive replacement the next inning. So, Marte could end up missing a few games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X