No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or are the Marlins a little sleeperish? I know they haven't really played anyone but Fernandez is a Cy favorite, Eovaldi might be making the leap, they have Alvarez/Turner who are usable and Heaney waiting in the wings. Their offense is still bad beyond Giancarlo but if he gives them 145 games and Yelich makes some progress, they could win a lot of 2-1 games.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Is it me or are the Marlins a little sleeperish? I know they haven't really played anyone but Fernandez is a Cy favorite, Eovaldi might be making the leap, they have Alvarez/Turner who are usable and Heaney waiting in the wings. Their offense is still bad beyond Giancarlo but if he gives them 145 games and Yelich makes some progress, they could win a lot of 2-1 games.
      As a Marlin fan I hope you are right but I have to be realistic. They have played a total of two series against two weak teams ( Colorado and San Diego). The team has hit with runners in scoring position and McGehee has been very good. Can all of these things continue? Probably not. Once they face better opposition their weaknesses should get exposed. On a positive note their division isn't very strong. If they have actually improved they might be capable of contending because the division opponents are weak.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Maybe it's just me, but Nate Eovaldi looks fantastic so far. He's been blowing batters away like clockwork. I guess you can do that when you constantly throw 97 mph.
        he's going to be the best 7-game winner in the national league.
        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
          he's going to be the best 7-game winner in the national league.
          Nicely played.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I think they are sleeperish to be a .500 team. The pitching staff is pretty good if Eovaldi's step forward is real. Yelich is looking good and Ozuna is as well, and Stanton is still healthy so far. So, basically, the question is how far can an OF and pitching staff carry you? Salty's okay at catcher, too. The rest of the infield, oh, wow, there just isn't anything positive to say about that. Could be a .500 team given the games against the Phillies and the Mets. On the other hand, the Phillies have a good top of the rotation, too, if Hamels is okay. Marlins would probably have to make a few tweaks to get to .500, probably starting with placing Carlos Marmol on release waivers. Trotting him out there late and close (he pitched the ninth in a tie game on Monday and, somehow, survived after loading the bases) is not a recipe for winning close games.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              I think they are sleeperish to be a .500 team. The pitching staff is pretty good. So, basically, the question is how far can an OF and pitching staff carry you? The rest of the infield, oh, wow, there just isn't anything positive to say about that.
              Hmmm. For a minute there I didn't think you were talking about the Marlins but a team that costs about 200mil more.

Comment

Could be a .500 team given the games against the Phillies and the Mets.
                They've already dropped 3 to the Phils.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Well, to be fair, the Yankees don't have much of a pitching staff, either.
                  I'd take the Marlins staff over the Yankees staff in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    and an enigma at 2B whose life mission is apparently to prove me wrong about his skill set.
                    Gordon is proving me wrong, too, but it's ok when you own the guy!

the two keeper freeze players I was most pessimistic about in the last 30 years both were kept this year - Gordon 10 and Hawkins 10. Both may yet become pumpkins soon, but 12 SB and 5 SV with high AVG and low ERA mean they won't be the worst keepers I ever had, at least....
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Aaron Crow, who was acquired during the off-season from the Royals, tore his UCL and will require TJ surgery. See ya next season.

Comment

Henderson Alvarez to the DL with elbow soreness. MRI was inconclusive, so it's hard to say how long he'll be on the shelf for, but I'd expect him back no earlier than mid-to-late May.

Comment

They recalled Carter Capps, but I was thinking this has to be Nicolino's opening, no?

Comment

Last I heard was they were going to give Phelps first crack.

Any insight on how much playing time Realmuto will get behind Salty?

Comment

IM guessing, but it seems like they want to stick with Saltine as much as possible, I would say JT plays twice a week at best.

Comment

Marlins blog Fish Stripes had this to say before the officiall call-up was announced: "Realmuto could emerge as Miami's starting catcher moving forward, and promoting him to serve as a backup on the bench may contradict the organization's goal of helping him continue to develop in 2015"

That may be wishful thinking on their part, but along with the fact that the Marlins tried to trade Salty in the offseason it could mean a 50/50 split at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X