No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Mets are dumb - but Harvey is as arrogant now as he was when he reached the majors.
    I can't see any culture, catcher, guru that can change that.
    geesh, Calloway is the Mets MGR and Eiland is the pitching coach.

is there any team in MLB with a better 1-2 pitching pedigree? and he didn't buy into them
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• What team would want to sign Harvey now? I think most teams will be scared away by the crap he would bring to them. If he wants to continue his career he would need to be willing to go to the minors and get his both his head (if that is possible) and arm straighten out. It would be funny somehow if he ended up on the Yankees and was able to turn things around.

Comment

• What is going on with Conforto? Incredibly he has a 347 OBP with a .187 BA. No power to speak of. 28% K. Last night he goes 0-5 and K 4 times. It doesn't sound like he still feels the effect from his shoulder injury but is more mental. I hope the mental catches up with the physical soon.

Comment

• Espn's Klapisch says a Yankee source told him "no way" they look at Harvey given his gopheritis and their stadium

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• The Mets say that they're willing to eat a fair share of Harvey's remaining 5 million in order to facilitate a trade (insert huge guffaws here), but reports say teams are content to just wait out the period until he becomes a FA and sign him at that point. Leaving the Mets with the whole bag, minus the MLB minimum...

Someone will sign him, and he'll have the same issues that he has in NY...I could see the Cubs taking a swing at him, see if Maddon can get into his head.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              The Mets say that they're willing to eat a fair share of Harvey's remaining 5 million in order to facilitate a trade (insert huge guffaws here), but reports say teams are content to just wait out the period until he becomes a FA and sign him at that point. Leaving the Mets with the whole bag, minus the MLB minimum...

Someone will sign him, and he'll have the same issues that he has in NY...I could see the Cubs taking a swing at him, see if Maddon can get into his head.
              There’s a few teams with nothing to lose — BAL, TEX, SF, SD, MIA among others off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                There’s a few teams with nothing to lose — BAL, TEX, SF, SD, MIA among others off the top of my head.
                Milwaukee and St Louis should definitely kick the tires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Milwaukee and St Louis should definitely kick the tires.
                  I don't think Mike Matheny would tolerate Harvey's antics for even one day. The Cardinals have always seemed like the type of organization that puts a higher value on character than most. But, then again, when you have such a depth of talent, you can afford to be more selective about character.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    I don't think Mike Matheny would tolerate Harvey's antics for even one day. The Cardinals have always seemed like the type of organization that puts a higher value on character than most. But, then again, when you have such a depth of talent, you can afford to be more selective about character.
                    I think he was speaking as a Cubs fan.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I think he was speaking as a Cubs fan.
                      Ah, that makes sense now. Thanks.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Objectively, I think SF is a good fit, but there is no way Bochy and Sabean ruin that team with an ego like that. Plus, they're doing pretty well with the scraps while they wait for all of their starting staff to get off the DL.

I think MIA is much more likely.

Comment

• they do have the night life!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            they do have the night life!
                            And they are also a poorly run, penny-pinching team, so there's a fit in that context as well.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I'm betting on Texas...former Mets pitching coach, no pressure from either side. A real chance to re-establish himself as an MLP pitcher. Hell, if they can keep trotting Matt Moore out there, why not Harvey?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Mets decide to place deGrom on the DL after all...how very Mets of them.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X