2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    How about Nimmo and his .478 On-base %??
    He's always been good at getting on base, so I'd expect that to stay high, although not quite that high.

A side note, deep thoughts with Ken, why isn't on base percentage expressed as a percentage?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      How about Nimmo and his .478 On-base %??
      I did leave him off but the Mets need to sit Conforto and it seems like they prefer not. Maybe getting rid of Gonzalez moving Conforto to 1B then starting Nimmo but then again I don't run the Mets

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        I did leave him off but the Mets need to sit Conforto and it seems like they prefer not. Maybe getting rid of Gonzalez moving Conforto to 1B then starting Nimmo but then again I don't run the Mets
        They're probably more likely to move Bruce to 1B and roll with an outfield of Conforto, Cespedes and Nimmo. They mentioned this as a possibility. They don't really have much invested in Gonzalez - it was worth a shot, I guess, but it seems like he is toast.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          They're probably more likely to move Bruce to 1B and roll with an outfield of Conforto, Cespedes and Nimmo. They mentioned this as a possibility. They don't really have much invested in Gonzalez - it was worth a shot, I guess, but it seems like he is toast.
          That's fine, although I thought they planned to use Adrian Gonzalez as a seat warmer for Dominic Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            That's fine, although I thought they planned to use Adrian Gonzalez as a seat warmer for Dominic Smith.

Other than walking, smith isnt doing much in AAA. 2 HR and 7 RBI in 90ish at bats. I think August comes and we are seeing Peter Alonso at 1B, not Smith.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Alonso is a little old for AA but look at his numbers so far

LG LEVEL AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
              Mino EAS 86 21 34 65 7 0 8 22 16 18 .395 .505 .756 1.260
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Other than walking, smith isnt doing much in AAA. 2 HR and 7 RBI in 90ish at bats. I think August comes and we are seeing Peter Alonso at 1B, not Smith.
                Yeah, Alonso is absolutely crushing it right now. He might leapfrog Smith.

Either way, Gonzalez needs to find the fountain of youth relatively soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  Yeah, Alonso is absolutely crushing it right now. He might leapfrog Smith.

Either way, Gonzalez needs to find the fountain of youth relatively soon.
                  Gonzalez is being paid the major-league minimum by the Mets, and they are basically getting that---replacement level production. A shame after a very good career, but that's all he has left now.

Comment

• Harvey DFA’d

Comment

• Finally.

From RotoWorld

[QUOTEMets designated RHP Matt Harvey for assignment.

Harvey refused a request from the Mets to go to the minors, so they designated him for assignment. He will become a free agent after he clears waivers. It's a bitter end to Harvey's career with the Mets, which began so promisingly before fizzling out due in large part to injuries. His stuff isn't nearly as good as it once was, but Harvey shouldn't have trouble finding a team willing to let him start again.][/QUOTE]

Comment

• And speak of the devil.

Again from RW.

Jay Bruce is making his first start of the season at first base on Friday.

Putting Bruce at first base allows the Mets to get Brandon Nimmo in the lineup. It's his 14th career start at the position. Adrian Gonzalez is on the bench.

Comment

• Finally, they took my advice and dumped Harvey outright...

It'll be really interesting to see what team signs him, because someone will for sure.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            He appears to be begging to get released at this point.
                            Congratulations, Matt! You got your apparent wish.

Comment

• Re: Matt Harvey. I can't think of too many teams that are looking for a clubhouse cancer right now. I think ol Harv may have to eat some humble pie before he gets another chance. If i'm an MLB GM, i want to see how serious this guy is about turning his career around before i give him a chance. If he is not willing to accept a minor league assignment then i know it will likely be more of the same behavior that he displayed with the Mets.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Re: Matt Harvey. I can't think of too many teams that are looking for a clubhouse cancer right now. I think ol Harv may have to eat some humble pie before he gets another chance. If i'm an MLB GM, i want to see how serious this guy is about turning his career around before i give him a chance. If he is not willing to accept a minor league assignment then i know it will likely be more of the same behavior that he displayed with the Mets.
                                Team context is so important. If he lands in a place bigger than he is, some place with an established culture who won't tolerate his attitude and will hang him out to dry on his short leash, he may get in line pretty quick. I think a team with a strong catcher who is also a team leader and manager/pitching guru with gravitas might be a fit.

Let's face it, the Mets are a dumbass team. They are terribly run and ruin whatever opportunities come their way. They have some teachers in their system who know how to develop talent, but they just seem to always do the stupid thing... until they DFAd Harvey, which was the right thing to do. Hopefully, both parties will be better off for the split.

Comment

Working...
                                X