2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From RW:

Cubs designated 1B Eric Hosmer for assignment.

We expected that this was just a matter of when.

Comment

• Christopher Morel has 7 HR in his first 10 games since being called up this year. So why is he batting 9th?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Christopher Morel has 7 HR in his first 10 games since being called up this year. So why is he batting 9th?
        Batted 6th today. Oh...and another home run.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another home run for Christopher Morel on Tuesday. He has homered in 5 straight games and now has 9 HR in 49 AB this year. And Ross had him batting 5th yesterday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Another home run for Christopher Morel on Tuesday. He has homered in 5 straight games and now has 9 HR in 49 AB this year. And Ross had him batting 5th yesterday.
            On pace for 95 hrs.

Ties Sammy Sosa with straight hr games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

On pace for 95 hrs.

Ties Sammy Sosa with straight hr games.
              Check for cork in his bat.

Comment

• While this is bigger on power, this is an awful lot like what Morel did last year when he first came up. He looked amazing for a few weeks and then fell off a cliff. Not saying he hasnt turned a corner, but I'd be happy to sell for a good price.

Comment

• Extremely hard to trade away or to trade for. Probably the best trading partner would be an expensive X contract who is rebuilding. Guessing Morel will be cheap $10 or under.

Comment

• Anyone know why Julian Merryweather isn't getting more higher leverage work? After giving up 5 runs in his first outing of the year he's been pretty much lights out. Since April 17 he has a 1.28 ERA. He's gotten one hold all season long.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Justin Steele is quietly becoming one of the most effective pitchers in MLB. He got his 13th W today and shares the MLB lead w Taijuan Walker. He has a 2.75 ERA this year and had a 3.18 ERA last year. I'm not sure exactly how he's doing it. His average FB velo is only 92.1. His xFIP this year is about a full run higher than his ERA so he might be due for some regression.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        Justin Steele is quietly becoming one of the most effective pitchers in MLB. He got his 13th W today and shares the MLB lead w Taijuan Walker. He has a 2.75 ERA this year and had a 3.18 ERA last year. I'm not sure exactly how he's doing it. His average FB velo is only 92.1. His xFIP this year is about a full run higher than his ERA so he might be due for some regression.
                        He's doing it with his Steeley resolve.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dont look now but the Cubs are in playoff position now. They have the last wild card spot, a half game ahead of the Reds. If you're not surprised, I sure am.

Comment

Dont look now but the Cubs are in playoff position now. They have the last wild card spot, a half game ahead of the Reds. If you're not surprised, I sure am.
                            I showed my surprise in the other Cubs thread.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If you're not surprised, I sure am.
                              I'm surprised so I guess you aren't.

Comment

Working...
                              X