Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller Jacobs
    replied
    Brutal. He was solid in 2010 and 2008, worthless in 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Kubel needs his agent.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight J
    replied
    Pelfrey'd!

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    The Twins on Friday announced the signing of Jason Kubel to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training, giving a player they drafted a chance to re-establish himself as a power hitting outfielder.
    The lefthanded outfielder will get a shot to make the team in spring training.

Don't mind this signing at all, he's still relatively young (31), and is a good guy to have around. If he rebounds to where he was just 2 years ago, he's a 20/85 guy on the cheap, and allows them to deal Willingham off as soon as he hits a hot streak.

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
    Mauer and the Twins have stated that he will not ever be behind the plate again, even to catch practice. They are worried one smack on the kisser will ruin him forever. They can't afford Mourneau Part II.

Buck actually would be a bad signing. So far, I approve of what Twins have been up to this year. 2014 still isn't going to pretty, but at least they seem headed somewhere.
    If push comes to shove, if somehow they're in contention late in the year and a pinch-hitter for Buck is needed, Mauer would probably volunteer to catch again.

As for what the Twins are doing overall, well, it looks like they have a plan, which is more than we can say for the last few years. Whether they can stick with it, whether it's a good plan, who knows? At least they've gotten away from their failed low-upside pitch-to-contact concept.

Leave a comment:

• In the Corn
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Having two full-time catchers and two possible part-timers (Mauer, Doumit) would open up interesting possibilities for in-game moves.
    Mauer and the Twins have stated that he will not ever be behind the plate again, even to catch practice. They are worried one smack on the kisser will ruin him forever. They can't afford Mourneau Part II.

Buck actually would be a bad signing. So far, I approve of what Twins have been up to this year. 2014 still isn't going to pretty, but at least they seem headed somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    LOL...you know, that EXACTLY who I was thinking of when they started this infatuation with Salty. Why not just get John Buck for a hell of a lot less money? A no average, good power guy who actually won't get in the way of developing players? I approve!
    Having two full-time catchers and two possible part-timers (Mauer, Doumit) would open up interesting possibilities for in-game moves.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Well, they didn't get Pierzynski, but they may be close to signing another veteran. From Rotoworld; Hornsby, please don't read this--

"Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that the Twins are interested in John Buck.

The Twins appear ready to hand the starting catcher job to Josmil Pinto following Joe Mauer's move to first base, but Buck would give them a bit of protection in case Pinto struggles. He batted .219/.285/.362 with 15 homers for the Mets and Pirates this past season."

Actually, as long as he only plays 1-2 times per week behind Pinto, he's not that bad a pickup.
    LOL...you know, that EXACTLY who I was thinking of when they started this infatuation with Salty. Why not just get John Buck for a hell of a lot less money? A no average, good power guy who actually won't get in the way of developing players? I approve!

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Well, they didn't get Pierzynski, but they may be close to signing another veteran. From Rotoworld; Hornsby, please don't read this--

"Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that the Twins are interested in John Buck.

The Twins appear ready to hand the starting catcher job to Josmil Pinto following Joe Mauer's move to first base, but Buck would give them a bit of protection in case Pinto struggles. He batted .219/.285/.362 with 15 homers for the Mets and Pirates this past season."

Actually, as long as he only plays 1-2 times per week behind Pinto, he's not that bad a pickup.

Leave a comment:

• Funkley
    Guest replied
    First thing the Twins need to do is break the cycle of losing being ok. AJ will help do that. Let's see the young guys slack ass around him.

Leave a comment:

• fuhrdog
    replied

They're also reported to be ready to sign A.J. Pierzynski to a one-year deal. I guess they'll finally take back all those rotten things they said about him when they dealt him to the Giants? Ugh for me only because I own Renyel Pinto; in real baseball terms, probably a decent signing.
    A 1 year deal for AJ wouldn't be a bad idea and could be a good mid-season trade chip for them.

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Twins reported to be about to sign Phil Hughes for three years, 24 million. Ugh. I look at his 2011 and 2013 and ask one question--"Why?"

They're also reported to be ready to sign A.J. Pierzynski to a one-year deal. I guess they'll finally take back all those rotten things they said about him when they dealt him to the Giants? Ugh for me only because I own Renyel Pinto; in real baseball terms, probably a decent signing.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight J
    replied
    That's a rather affordable deal. Not bad

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    A surprise signing--The Twins sign Ricky Nolasco for four years, $49 million, with a $13 million club option for 2018 that becomes a player option if he reaches a certain inning pitched level in 2016 and 2017. Very un-Twins-like.

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Twins are looking at Salty...because of course they are. Any chance to block a potential young player is taken with a vengeance...so grab a mediocre (being kind) catcher who's one asset (Power) will likely be lost in Target Field. Brilliant!
    I was hoping against hope that you wouldn't see that. My first thought when I read it was, "Horns' head will explode..."

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Twins are looking at Salty...because of course they are. Any chance to block a potential young player is taken with a vengeance...so grab a mediocre (being kind) catcher who's one asset (Power) will likely be lost in Target Field. Brilliant!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X