Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Miranda has started to blossom. He hit .306 in June and is hitting over .300 in July as well. His OPS is close to 1.000 over his last 15 games and well over .800 over his last 30. He hit a walk off today. He was called up while struggling in AAA, but to the Twins credit, they have given him a shot and even when hurt guys got back, he still got fairly regular playing time. The way he is playing recently, he should be a fixture in the line up going forward.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-13-2022, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Why doesn't Buxton get days off when he is slumping? Does he only need to rest when he is tearing the cover off of the ball?

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Has there ever been a higher risk / reward guy than Buxton? He's turning me into a believer. What a talent. 39 HRs over the last two years combined in 452 ABs.
    Mondesi is the only other guy that I can think of...but he is all risk and no reward. Buxton is just incredible. If he could stay healthy and could still run....

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Has there ever been a higher risk / reward guy than Buxton? He's turning me into a believer. What a talent. 39 HRs over the last two years combined in 452 ABs.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Me too, but I will never get him--the guy who has him is sky high on him and committed to seeing what he can do. He will have to extend him after this year, so he will have to really show something this time. Maybe he will, finally.
    I will be giving my 2B Kirilloff a two year raise after this year. I think 3 years at 12 is about right. It would be great if he tempted me to to go an extra year.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    Kirilloff will be recalled this w/e. Wish he was available in my league.
    Me too, but I will never get him--the guy who has him is sky high on him and committed to seeing what he can do. He will have to extend him after this year, so he will have to really show something this time. Maybe he will, finally.

Leave a comment:

• pitbull
    replied
    Kirilloff will be recalled this w/e. Wish he was available in my league.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Royce Lewis re-tore his ACL, out 12 months
    So sad

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Royce Lewis re-tore his ACL, out 12 months

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by cleo View Post
    I picked Archer up in the reserve (3rd) round and this is a deep league without a single SP on the free agent list. So I did actually expect Archer to be #5 SP. Without a chance of getting even a W, he is almost a worthless SP who is pitching on a first place team.
    Got it. Unfortunately he only has 2 pitches so it does make sense for the Twins to handle him this way. Smart baseball.

Leave a comment:

• cleo
    replied
    I picked Archer up in the reserve (3rd) round and this is a deep league without a single SP on the free agent list. So I did actually expect Archer to be #5 SP. Without a chance of getting even a W, he is almost a worthless SP who is pitching on a first place team.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    The twins are not TB, so I was not expecting this only 2 time thru the lineup nonsense.
    Hmm check out the manager they hired, they are definitely trying to be TB

Lets be real though, you got Chris Archer - he hasn't really been good since 2015, you could not have been "expecting" much at all from him. He has a 5.83 FIP. He's lucky he's not getting a 3rd time through the lineup.

Leave a comment:

• cleo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    That's his MO, he wont be getting you quality starts, they are intentionally only giving him 2 times through the lineup. You should not be expecting more than 4 IP from Archer.
    The why would any team sign him as a SP as he is going to burn thru the bullpen each start? The twins are not TB, so I was not expecting this only 2 time thru the lineup nonsense. And also consider that the twins bullpen is not even close to TB, so they are going to give up many leads in games that Archer starts (just like tonights). Archer goes 4ip with 1ER and next 2 relievers go 2.1ip and give up the lead with 3ER.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Can anyone give me insight into Chris Archer? They do not seem to want him to pitch more than 75 pitches and he had can't get any wins or QS for me. He has had 7 starts and has pitched 3 or 4 IP in each start. I could see if he was getting hammered each time out and getting pulled, but only one of the seven starts Archer has allowed more than 2 ER. Are the Twins still trying to ease him back into longer outings due to his hip injury from last year? So frustrating tonight with him only going 4ip again with a 4-1 lead.
    That's his MO, he wont be getting you quality starts, they are intentionally only giving him 2 times through the lineup. You should not be expecting more than 4 IP from Archer.

Leave a comment:

• cleo
    replied
    Can anyone give me insight into Chris Archer? They do not seem to want him to pitch more than 75 pitches and he had can't get any wins or QS for me. He has had 7 starts and has pitched 3 or 4 IP in each start. I could see if he was getting hammered each time out and getting pulled, but only one of the seven starts Archer has allowed more than 2 ER. Are the Twins still trying to ease him back into longer outings due to his hip injury from last year? So frustrating tonight with him only going 4ip again with a 4-1 lead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X