2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Still not understanding why Lewis was demoted in favor of Miranda. That cant last right?
    Because they need someone to play 3B not SS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Because they need someone to play 3B not SS?
      So you dont think the MLB caliber SS can play third base? Really? When the team signed Carlos Correa to block their best prospect? After looking deeper, The only way it makes any sense at all is good old fashioned service time manipulation. He will be back as soon as they get another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        So you dont think the MLB caliber SS can play third base? Really? When the team signed Carlos Correa to block their best prospect? After looking deeper, The only way it makes any sense at all is good old fashioned service time manipulation. He will be back as soon as they get another year.
        That's a really cynical take. Service time manipulation doesn't even make sense at this point. Even if he stayed up the whole year he wouldn't have a full year of service, that has already passed.

I don't think 3B is so easy that a guy who hasn't played more than 1 game in his minor league career there (outside of the AFL) can just step right in. After they sent him down he played 3B for the first time all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          That's a really cynical take. Service time manipulation doesn't even make sense at this point. Even if he stayed up the whole year he wouldn't have a full year of service, that has already passed.

I don't think 3B is so easy that a guy who hasn't played more than 1 game in his minor league career there (outside of the AFL) can just step right in. After they sent him down he played 3B for the first time all year.
          Johnny Dickshot never bashes cynical takes...we need more cynicism.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I rarely give mlb clubs credit for player development. But taking a star prospect and putting him at a position he has never really played (and one - 3B - that routinely leads to injuries)? Kudos to MIN for not doing it. Now they should have played him in the OF just to keep his bat in the lineup, but that’s a different issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Johnny Dickshot never bashes cynical takes...we need more cynicism.
              We definitely need more Pauly takes. He has been much wiser than me on most calls. He has texted me a few times on a player I dismiss and the dude goes off the next day. Pauly needs to post more. Smart guy

Comment

• Can anyone give me insight into Chris Archer? They do not seem to want him to pitch more than 75 pitches and he had can't get any wins or QS for me. He has had 7 starts and has pitched 3 or 4 IP in each start. I could see if he was getting hammered each time out and getting pulled, but only one of the seven starts Archer has allowed more than 2 ER. Are the Twins still trying to ease him back into longer outings due to his hip injury from last year? So frustrating tonight with him only going 4ip again with a 4-1 lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                  Can anyone give me insight into Chris Archer? They do not seem to want him to pitch more than 75 pitches and he had can't get any wins or QS for me. He has had 7 starts and has pitched 3 or 4 IP in each start. I could see if he was getting hammered each time out and getting pulled, but only one of the seven starts Archer has allowed more than 2 ER. Are the Twins still trying to ease him back into longer outings due to his hip injury from last year? So frustrating tonight with him only going 4ip again with a 4-1 lead.
                  That's his MO, he wont be getting you quality starts, they are intentionally only giving him 2 times through the lineup. You should not be expecting more than 4 IP from Archer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    That's his MO, he wont be getting you quality starts, they are intentionally only giving him 2 times through the lineup. You should not be expecting more than 4 IP from Archer.
                    The why would any team sign him as a SP as he is going to burn thru the bullpen each start? The twins are not TB, so I was not expecting this only 2 time thru the lineup nonsense. And also consider that the twins bullpen is not even close to TB, so they are going to give up many leads in games that Archer starts (just like tonights). Archer goes 4ip with 1ER and next 2 relievers go 2.1ip and give up the lead with 3ER.

Comment

The twins are not TB, so I was not expecting this only 2 time thru the lineup nonsense.
                      Hmm check out the manager they hired, they are definitely trying to be TB

Lets be real though, you got Chris Archer - he hasn't really been good since 2015, you could not have been "expecting" much at all from him. He has a 5.83 FIP. He's lucky he's not getting a 3rd time through the lineup.

Comment

• I picked Archer up in the reserve (3rd) round and this is a deep league without a single SP on the free agent list. So I did actually expect Archer to be #5 SP. Without a chance of getting even a W, he is almost a worthless SP who is pitching on a first place team.

Comment

I picked Archer up in the reserve (3rd) round and this is a deep league without a single SP on the free agent list. So I did actually expect Archer to be #5 SP. Without a chance of getting even a W, he is almost a worthless SP who is pitching on a first place team.
                          Got it. Unfortunately he only has 2 pitches so it does make sense for the Twins to handle him this way. Smart baseball.

Comment

• Royce Lewis re-tore his ACL, out 12 months

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Royce Lewis re-tore his ACL, out 12 months
                              So sad

Comment

• Kirilloff will be recalled this w/e. Wish he was available in my league.

Comment

Working...
                                X