2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Wait why are people going crazy over Velazquez? He's the same pitcher he was last year and no one wanted that guy. Walks are actually up.
    Very slim pickings to spend on at this time. 12 team only keeper 13 reserve spots, 2 catchers. Daily moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Very slim pickings to spend on at this time. 12 team only keeper 13 reserve spots, 2 catchers. Daily moves.
      I get that, but if VV is attractive he should have been picked at least in the reserves right? It's the same guy so I can't imagine spending a bunch of faab on a guy I wasn't willing to grab in the reserves when it's the same player with the same stats. A small $1 bid, sure, no issue there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

I get that, but if VV is attractive he should have been picked at least in the reserves right? It's the same guy so I can't imagine spending a bunch of faab on a guy I wasn't willing to grab in the reserves when it's the same player with the same stats. A small $1 bid, sure, no issue there.
        Sometimes it is injuries, Sometimes an individual team finds themselves unexpectedly in the money so they sacrifice a prospect for even crumbs of stats (we can't trade prospects until after the All Star break). Sometime our end game picks are worse than we thought so we grab best available.

In this particular case I noticed two things that might further explain. This owner is short on our innings pitched projected against the mandatory 1000 innings. He needs another starter. Also we have a minimum salary requirement. He needs to take on salary so he can move some of his more expensive stud pieces for a rebuild.

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to next week's Pirates/Rays series now that the Pirates are 20-8. I want to see how they fare against the best team in baseball. Still not sure if this is real or just the product of an easy schedule. I kind of wish that Glasnow was pitching but he starts his rehab assignment on Tuesday and will miss the series between the teams with the two best records in MLB.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Pirates claimed 27 year-old OF Miguel Andujar off waivers from the Yankees. I like the move.
            The Pirates called up Miguel Andujar for today's doubleheader. He went 4-5 with 2 HR & 6 RBI. I think he's going to see some playing time. Somewhere. If you recall, he was a serious contender for the AL Rookie of the Year Award in 2018 after hitting .297 with 27 HR & 92 RBI. Not sure what happened to him the last four years. But, I think he still has something left at age 28.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Some guy named Ohtani beat out Andujar for that Rookie of the Year Award.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And who the hell is this guy who has been impersonating Vince Velasquez every five days?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think that, w what he's done so far, Ji-Hwan Bae deserves a post. His slash line doesnt look impressive at all at .250/.302/.350, but he has 2 HR, 9 RBI, 17 R and 11 SB, which is tied for 2nd in MLB (behind Acuna). According to my pre-season formulas, he's actually the 2nd most valuable player (behind Acuna) on my team that is in 2nd place rt now. Much better roto player than real player but worth picking up because he's getting playing time and getting steals (also nice runs total).

Comment

• Well...at least April was a good month.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mitch Keller just staked his claim to be the Pirates ace with a four-hit shutout of the Rockies to end the Pirates 7-game losing streak.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mitch Keller just staked his claim to be the Pirates ace with a four-hit shutout of the Rockies to end the Pirates 7-game losing streak.
                        Mitch Keller is definitely the Pirates ace now with 7 more shutout innings along with 13 K's today. Keller has gotten both of the Pirates wins this month.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Keller w another gem today. 7.0 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 0 BB, 13 K and a win. He's currently 3rd in MLB w 69 Ks and 12th in ERA at 2.38.

Comment

• Mitch Keller is looking like young Gerrit Cole 2.0 right now. So, I guess he will be a Yankee in 2026.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mitch Keller is looking like young Gerrit Cole 2.0 right now. So, I guess he will be a Yankee in 2026.
                              Well, they did resign Reynolds. Maybe there has been a change in ownership "philosophy".

Comment

Mitch Keller is looking like young Gerrit Cole 2.0 right now. So, I guess he will be a Yankee in 2026.
                                He has 93 Ks in 74 IP, on pace for 279, with an 11.2 K/9.

Last year he had 138 Ks in 159 IP, a 7.8 K/9.

Comment

Working...
                                X