2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    So, Bauer thumbs his nose at MLB's silent ban on giving him a new contract and collects his full $22.5 million salary from the Dodgers plus an extra $4 million while showing MLB teams what they are missing while he excels in a competitive pro league on the other side of the world.

Bauer may be an asshole, but the guy knows how to promote his brand. I'm betting that he will have more followers than ever on Twitter and several MLB teams will have a bidding war for him to play for them next season.
    Sorry, but what is he brand that he is promoting ? Hopefully I missed it and there isn't one.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So, Bauer thumbs his nose at MLB's silent ban on giving him a new contract and collects his full $22.5 million salary from the Dodgers plus an extra $4 million while showing MLB teams what they are missing while he excels in a competitive pro league on the other side of the world.

Bauer may be an asshole, but the guy knows how to promote his brand. I'm betting that he will have more followers than ever on Twitter and several MLB teams will have a bidding war for him to play for them next season.
      Trump has a ton of followers on his social media even though he's a piece of shit. Yeah Bauer gets over on the MLB and those who support him can cheer all they want. The fact remains he's a piece of shit and anyone who overlooks that, in my book, is one as well.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

Trump has a ton of followers on his social media even though he's a piece of shit. Yeah Bauer gets over on the MLB and those who support him can cheer all they want. The fact remains he's a piece of shit and anyone who overlooks that, in my book, is one as well.
        If leagues want to have a morals clause they can just vote to remove scum from the player pool. If not it is about finding deals. If I choose to roster one of these it is not condoning their actions. It is playing a statistical game where players and fans have no emotions about my fantasy team. It it is within the rules and winning is part of the enjoyment then it is up to my competitors to stop me from getting too good of a bargain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

If leagues want to have a morals clause they can just vote to remove scum from the player pool. If not it is about finding deals. If I choose to roster one of these it is not condoning their actions. It is playing a statistical game where players and fans have no emotions about my fantasy team. It it is within the rules and winning is part of the enjoyment then it is up to my competitors to stop me from getting too good of a bargain.
          So, if the nfl or any other professional sport allowed a player like DeShawn Watson or Ray Rice or Rob Dibble to play, you'd have no issues rostering them as long as they help you win?

Good to know.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So, if the nfl or any other professional sport allowed a player like DeShawn Watson or Ray Rice or Rob Dibble to play, you'd have no issues rostering them as long as they help you win?

Good to know.
            What a strange morality flex.

No one cares about someone else's fantasy team's moral compass. The "players" on your fantasy team are there to accumulate stats not to date your daughter. They are names on a page. For example I'd bet you've had numerous trump voters on your fantasy team - doesn't mean you agree with them.

Conflating that with the professional teams, who support these morons and pay them millions of dollars, is very odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

What a strange morality flex.

No one cares about someone else's fantasy team's moral compass. The "players" on your fantasy team are there to accumulate stats not to date your daughter. They are names on a page. For example I'd bet you've had numerous trump voters on your fantasy team - doesn't mean you agree with them.

Conflating that with the professional teams, who support these morons and pay them millions of dollars, is very odd.
              Not at all, trump voters are idiots, not sexual predators, domestic abusers and the like(some might be, but I'm not aware of any in MLB outside of Bauer, Clevinger. It's not a 'Flex' at all, I've always held these ideas/beliefs in fact I used to write for RJ back in the day and one of my articles was titled 'The Reds can win without Dibble and so can your fantasy team'. I was given a Clevinger jersey "Sunshine" for my birthday a couple of years ago and won't wear it unless he's completely exonerated of all charges. I don't shop hobby Lobby, Walgreens, Sam's club nor have ever eaten at chik filet. I'll never roster a guy like Bauer, Clevinger (at this time and any other DV guy--I'd rather finish last. FWIW a persons 'moral Compass' is their own choice is it's my choice to express disappointment in those choices--not that it means a damn bit in the grand scheme, but as I've said many a time before--saying nothing isn't an option if you want to be a part of a problems solution.

I fully believe (and again, I know most-saying No One cares is incorrect--people don't care) that if you eat chik filet or shop hobby lobby, you contribute to anti-LGBTQ lobbies/agendas. and if you roster Bauer you care more about winning than sexual abuse.

Again, all those things are your right to chose and it's my right to voice my thoughts on the subject as well.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Not at all, trump voters are idiots, not sexual predators, domestic abusers and the like(some might be, but I'm not aware of any in MLB outside of Bauer, Clevinger. It's not a 'Flex' at all, I've always held these ideas/beliefs in fact I used to write for RJ back in the day and one of my articles was titled 'The Reds can win without Dibble and so can your fantasy team'. I was given a Clevinger jersey "Sunshine" for my birthday a couple of years ago and won't wear it unless he's completely exonerated of all charges. I don't shop hobby Lobby, Walgreens, Sam's club nor have ever eaten at chik filet. I'll never roster a guy like Bauer, Clevinger (at this time and any other DV guy--I'd rather finish last. FWIW a persons 'moral Compass' is their own choice is it's my choice to express disappointment in those choices--not that it means a damn bit in the grand scheme, but as I've said many a time before--saying nothing isn't an option if you want to be a part of a problems solution.

I fully believe (and again, I know most-saying No One cares is incorrect--people don't care) that if you eat chik filet or shop hobby lobby, you contribute to anti-LGBTQ lobbies/agendas. and if you roster Bauer you care more about winning than sexual abuse.

Again, all those things are your right to chose and it's my right to voice my thoughts on the subject as well.
                It's definitely a flex.

And your example doesn't land. If you don't like Chick Fil A, not giving them money makes sense. If you don't like Trevor Bauer, not rostering him on your fantasy team that no one else cares about has 0 impact, it's just a flex to announce to the world that you are better than everyone else. It's purely ego and nothing else, it has no effect on the real issue.

And you are arbitrarily drawing lines that you follow - I've seen your posts about Trump supporters and generally agree with them, but now you are okay with them because it's harder to have that moral stance in fantasy.

Comment

I would still take Bauer at a discounted price. It sounds to me like the sex incident(s) was(were) consensual and she wanted to make a small fortune from it. Her text messages to Bauer show her saying that she wanted to be choked and roughed up the next time they had sex.
                  Bauer was suspended for how long? released by LA who ate 22+ million, had his defamation suits thrown out and his accusers suits are still active--because it was consensual? Did she like Kink, yes but that's not what her suit was about it was that Bauer had sex with her after she passed out--there can be NO consent with an unconscious person-none. And obviously. MLB, the Dodgers and several Judges see enough validity in her claims to cut ties/rule against him.

It's your right not to care about non-sports activities when playing fantasy sports, it's my right to express my thoughts on the situation as well.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It's definitely a flex.

And your example doesn't land. If you don't like Chick Fil A, not giving them money makes sense. If you don't like Trevor Bauer, not rostering him on your fantasy team that no one else cares about has 0 impact, it's just a flex to announce to the world that you are better than everyone else. It's purely ego and nothing else, it has no effect on the real issue.

And you are arbitrarily drawing lines that you follow - I've seen your posts about Trump supporters and generally agree with them, but now you are okay with them because it's harder to have that moral stance in fantasy.
                    You're conflating domestic violence and sexual abuse with stupidity and ignorance, but go ahead with the false equivalencies.

If you feel it's a flex and that I'm virtue signaling, so be it--you know I could care less what you think about anything.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You're conflating domestic violence and sexual abuse with stupidity and ignorance, but go ahead with the false equivalencies.

If you feel it's a flex and that I'm virtue signaling, so be it--you know I could care less what you think about anything.
                      I'm not conflating them at all - I'm saying if you are taking a moral stand, take a moral stand. If you aren't taking a moral stand and instead you are playing a fantasy game then play the game. Pick a lane and stick by it. The half measures are silly. If you want to care about morality, throw people out of their SUVs don't be a wuss!

Comment

I'm not conflating them at all - I'm saying if you are taking a moral stand, take a moral stand. If you aren't taking a moral stand and instead you are playing a fantasy game then play the game. Pick a lane and stick by it. The half measures are silly. If you want to care about morality, throw people out of their SUVs don't be a wuss!
                        It's DRAG people out of their SUVs and I'm too old now, I might pull something...

BTW, I don't believe I didn't say I was taking a Moral stand, I'm saying there's a difference in rostering an idiot Trump Voter and rostering someone like Bauer, Chapman, Watson et al. You obviously disagree, I just happen to think you're wrong in doing so.

But I think you're right in that it was a flex, some virtue signaling and that I do feel I tread the moral high ground above others at times.

I'm still not gonna roster Bauer or his ilk and I'm still gonna think those who do are, in a small way, validating DV and SA.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It's DRAG people out of their SUVs and I'm too old now, I might pull something...

BTW, I don't believe I didn't say I was taking a Moral stand, I'm saying there's a difference in rostering an idiot Trump Voter and rostering someone like Bauer, Chapman, Watson et al. You obviously disagree, I just happen to think you're wrong in doing so.
                          The issue is that it's arbitrary. Would you live in the same city as one of them? If you see one walking into your favorite restaurant would you stop eating there? If you found out they drove a particular car would you avoid buying that car?

If there is a big billboard of Watson on your drive to work should you be chastised for driving on that highway?

The reality is that none of that actually changes anything about their transgressions. You moving wouldn't change their behavior. You avoiding a restaurant that they eat in doesn't change their behavior. You rostering them on your fantasy team doesn't change their behavior.

Now, should you avoid their sponsors? Sure, that type voting with your wallet makes sense. It's actually doing something.

But avoiding them in fantasy and then bragging about it on a message board while tearing someone else down is just garbage behavior. You may disagree and that's fine.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          I'm still not gonna roster Bauer or his ilk and I'm still gonna think those who do are, in a small way, validating DV and SA.
                          OK, I guess you are validating trump voters then.

Comment

The issue is that it's arbitrary. Would you live in the same city as one of them? If you see one walking into your favorite restaurant would you stop eating there? If you found out they drove a particular car would you avoid buying that car?

If there is a big billboard of Watson on your drive to work should you be chastised for driving on that highway?

The reality is that none of that actually changes anything about their transgressions. You moving wouldn't change their behavior. You avoiding a restaurant that they eat in doesn't change their behavior. You rostering them on your fantasy team doesn't change their behavior.

Now, should you avoid their sponsors? Sure, that type voting with your wallet makes sense. It's actually doing something.

But avoiding them in fantasy and then bragging about it on a message board while tearing someone else down is just garbage behavior. You may disagree and that's fine.

OK, I guess you are validating trump voters then.
                            As always, you are completely right and I acquiesce to your intellectual superiority.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I like to watch games that my fantasy guys are playing in and root them on. I can't get myself to root for a D-Bag like him and so he doesn't end up on my team. I don't care what anyone else does and the others can bid him up as they wish. If he's the difference between my winning or finishing second I can live with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                                I like to watch games that my fantasy guys are playing in and root them on. I can't get myself to root for a D-Bag like him and so he doesn't end up on my team. I don't care what anyone else does and the others can bid him up as they wish. If he's the difference between my winning or finishing second I can live with that.
                                That's a fair position to take.

The position that's ridiculous is suggesting that the team that rosters one of these guys is, and I quote, "validating DV and SA".

Bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X