2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    That may end up being a pretty shortsighted decision in the long run. It's the 2nd year after surgery that pitchers seem to really round into form...so why not have him come to ST and see what he's got? They have to pay the money anyway, what's the rush? I get they need a spot on the 40 man roster, but damn. I really don't get a lot of the moves these guys are doing...
    I agree with this 100%. Another head scratcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Teams are up to weird things this year,.
      Teams increasingly have access to information that fans don't have access to. I'm not saying that's driving all or even most of the head scratcher decisions, but there have certainly been a few decisions this offseason where I know exactly why a team went after a player and it must seem curious to fans who can't see that same info.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• "Teams increasingly have access to information that fans don't have access to. I'm not saying that's driving all or even most of the head scratcher decisions, but there have certainly been a few decisions this offseason where I know exactly why a team went after a player and it must seem curious to fans who can't see that same info."

of course, it's very much about teams using very different secondary metrics. the smartest teams have a good chance, it seems, but time will tell.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Erisbel Arruebarrena was surprisingly designated for assignment, just one season into a 5 year, $25m deal.

Comment

• Dodgers sign Brandon Beachy to 1-yr, major-league deal with club option for 16. Likely to start on DL as he recovers from 2nd TJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Sweet!

Also of note is that Greinke needed an injection in his elbow to lubricate it in order to avoid the dead arm issue he had like last year. Sounds like it's just a precautionary move, but something to note for those that have early auctions.
              I think that's almost regular for him.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• So yeah, good luck with either, Ethier!

Andre Ethier said Tuesday that he would prefer to be traded if there isn't an everyday job for him on the Dodgers.
                The Dodgers tentatively project to have Carl Crawford in left field, Joc Pederson in center, and Yasiel Puig in right, so Ethier realizes that a change of scenery would be the best thing for him. "You're not wishing for it ever to end, but sometimes that opportunity takes you somewhere else," said Ethier. "I'm not going to do anything to sit here and force it. Hopefully it works itself out." Ethier is owed $53.5 million over the next three years with a $17.5 vesting option for 2018, so a trade is easier said than done.
                Source: ESPN Los AngelesFeb 24 - 3:59 PM

Comment

• So the Dodgers can't option Alex Guerrero down without his permission and he says he's not going down...they have to cut him no?

The official website of the Los Angeles Dodgers with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Comment

http://dodgersdigest.com/2015/02/24/...were-sleeping/

Super fascinating Twitter conversation between Brandon McCarthy and journalist Molly Knight about both sides of the story --- the journalistic side and the baseball side. How do women journalists interact in locker rooms? What kinds of questions piss players off? What's it really like? Man, I couldn't stop reading this thing. Awesome stuff.
                    Yep. I thought it was interesting, too.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                      So the Dodgers can't option Alex Guerrero down without his permission and he says he's not going down...they have to cut him no?

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/articl...to-dodgers-now
                      I'm guessing that he'll get at least one glove at each position other than catcher, and will have to be the super-sub/pinch hitter. I can't see any way that the Dodgers simply cut a bat like his simply because they don't really have a spot for him...and they still owe him 14 million.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

They don't "have" to cut him if he sticks with the big league team.
                        Exactly. And I suspect if they don't want to keep him, they'll eat a chunk of his salary and trade him to someone for a pretty decent prospect. I'd think there would be a lot of teams ponying up for a middle IF with a bat that could be very, very good.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Is it just me, or is Guerrero kinda getting jerked around? He plays well overseas to begin the season, takes his assignment to AAA probably thinking (like we are were) that it was only a matter of time before Gordon flamed out, then sits and watches Gordon have a career first-half, some of it from a hospital bed as he recovers from getting cannibalized by Miguel Olivo. When he returns from the DL, he plays well. Then, he's back up in September but they only give him a few measly at-bats. Then, he sees Gordon get traded away and he's probably ecstatic thinking they've finally cleared space for him, only to see them immediately grab Kendrick and he's again blocked.

I don't really understand what the Dodgers are doing with him. They paid a lot to get him. He's playing well enough, but they've shut him down at every turn.

I hope they trade him so that maybe we can see what he can do someday, because I fear if he stays with the Dodgers we'll never know.

Comment

It's pretty obvious, though, that current management has no love for the guy and I'd be a lot less surprised to see a Kendrick extension than I would seeing Guerrero as a starter.
                            Yeah, I'm not sure why, though. Maybe he has some personality issues... maybe the attack by Olivo was duly instigated. I'm not sure, but he sure seems like he's a wasted asset at this point.

Comment

It is unbelievable just how terrible Ned Colletti is. He's like the reverse King Midas where everything he touches turns to shit (or already was shit).
                              What prompted this now? The Guerrero issue? Or are you just reminding us in case we forgot?
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Tell me why the Dodgers paid money for Alex Guerrero? He has been excellent in Spring training hitting wise. So why does it seem the Dodgers are going out of their way to keep him from starting? Is Kendrick that much better of an option than Guerrero at 2B? And Uribe at 3b? Is his glove THAT bad?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X