No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yandy Diaz has been bonkers. I don't know how the make room for Manzardo, who is doing great in AAA and is ready, but it won't be at the expense of Diaz, for sure. He is clearly playing over his head, but it does seem like he has a new approach. He is finally lifting the ball some and the results have been what everyone hoped he could be years ago.

Comment

• After dominating the Yankees last night, the Rays surprisingly just put Drew Rasmussen on the 60-day IL, so there's some bad news a'comin.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        After dominating the Yankees last night, the Rays surprisingly just put Drew Rasmussen on the 60-day IL, so there's some bad news a'comin.
        Seriously. Straight to the 60-day, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Seriously. Straight to the 60-day, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
          A stark contrast to the preseason when we had guys like Edwin Diaz who had already had their season ending surgery long before and still were not on the IL. Even if they were 99% sure, it is surprising they went right to 60 day IL so fast. I assume they had a corresponding move they really wanted to make. I don't think I've ever seen a guy go on the 60 day IL that fast.

Comment

• Ken
            Ken commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            A stark contrast to the preseason when we had guys like Edwin Diaz who had already had their season ending surgery long before and still were not on the IL. Even if they were 99% sure, it is surprising they went right to 60 day IL so fast. I assume they had a corresponding move they really wanted to make. I don't think I've ever seen a guy go on the 60 day IL that fast.

Difference is there's no incentive in spring training to submit the paperwork to put a guy on IL. They are added when needed, which is by opening day.

In-season you need a replacement immediately so freeing up that 40 man spot is useful.

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Especially without any news of an injury, both in-game and after.

Comment

• Despite not having enough at bats to qualify for the leader board in batting average (.318), Josh Lowe ranks in the AL top 10 for HR (11), RBI (34), and SB (9). And despite being a respectable 4 for 14 vs left handed pitchers, he usually sits when the Rays face one.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Shane McClanahan out for the season, TJ on the table

Comment

• And your AL batting avg leader now is ... Yandy Diaz! Went 4-4 tonite and now is batting .322, one pt better than Bo Bichette. Not an empty BA either. He has 16 HR and is slashing .322/.403/.514. Had 3.0 fWAR coming into today, which projects to 4.3 for the season.

Comment

• Wander Franco has been placed on the Restrictive List while MLB & Tampa review social media posts about him being linked to an underaged girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Wander Franco has been placed on the Restrictive List while MLB & Tampa review social media posts about him being linked to an underaged girl.
                    What an idiot. Franco probably has dozens of legal aged girls after him and he chooses to have a relationship with an underage girl. Money can't buy common sense.
                    Last edited by madducks; 08-14-2023, 02:30 PM.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The alleged 14 year-old girl has a 2 year-old child and was supposedly being paid hush money by Wander Franco. Supposedly, she went public when Franco didn't make his latest payment. No word yet on who the father of the child is.
                      Last edited by madducks; 08-14-2023, 02:45 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Supposedly there's another underage girl who filed a complaint in the DR?

Right now there are a lot of unknowns but this looks really bad. (Obviously)

Comment

• Just for talent sake it would be such a shame for a young guy like this to have his career end at this stage, but this is some serious shit and he could well be watching games from prison for a long time.
                          Last edited by harmon; 08-16-2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            Just for talent sake it would be such a shame for a young guy like this to have his career end at this stage, but this is some serious shit and he could be well be watching games from prison for a long time.
                            If he goes to prison for this I don't see any way that he has a future in baseball. There's forgiveness in professional sports but, if guilty, I would imagine that this is one a team wouldn't want to be associated with.

Comment

• He's married with 2 kids and he's doing this on the side --- void his contract and send him to Japan to join Bauer.

In other news, Margot needs elbow surgery and Aranda has been recalled

Comment

Working...
                              X