No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Rays beat Boston again today to tie the record of 13 straight wins to start the season.

Comment

• Ugh….Springs out 2+ months with that nerve issue

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Ugh….Springs out 2+ months with that nerve issue
        Springs is 5B in our AL only 5x5. We can play him out next year or give him a raise. He has been posted on the trading block. We have 13 man reserve rosters (including any prospects). We also have a maximum keeper rule that varies from 10-14 players depending on where you finish the year. Lastly we cannot trade prospects until after the All Star Break.

Given these circumstances would you take a chance and give a low but somewhat productive offer for him?

I am not sure it is even worth the roster spot but then again could pay off big time in the last couple of months and next year.

Comment

• Springs to undergo TJ surgery, see ya in ‘25

Comment

• Come from behind walkoff win for Tampa tonite. Now 17-3!

Comment

• With all the news about the A's impending move to Las Vegas, I was wondering what the status of the Rays is re: getting a new stadium and staying or moving to another city. I've heard that things are looking favorable for a new stadium being built right nearby Tropicana. I'd be interested to hear from someone closer to this situation re: these issues. And why would they build another stadium in St. Petersburg? I thought the prevailing sentiment was that the stadium should have been on the other side of the bay all along. Why would they double down on what people generally seem to think is the wrong location? And will the new stadium being a retractable dome? Thanx in advance.

Comment

• 20-3! The 1984 Tigers are within reach!

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  With all the news about the A's impending move to Las Vegas, I was wondering what the status of the Rays is re: getting a new stadium and staying or moving to another city. I've heard that things are looking favorable for a new stadium being built right nearby Tropicana. I'd be interested to hear from someone closer to this situation re: these issues. And why would they build another stadium in St. Petersburg? I thought the prevailing sentiment was that the stadium should have been on the other side of the bay all along. Why would they double down on what people generally seem to think is the wrong location? And will the new stadium being a retractable dome? Thanx in advance.
                  The only reason to build in St. Pete again is to appease the current landlord of The Trop. Some good reads from over the years (I contributed to the first 3) can be found at https://www.draysbay.com/stadium-saga

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

The only reason to build in St. Pete again is to appease the current landlord of The Trop. Some good reads from over the years (I contributed to the first 3) can be found at https://www.draysbay.com/stadium-saga
                    How is it that the Trop landlord can exert such power?

Comment

How is it that the Trop landlord can exert such power?
                      because the current use agreement does not permit the team to negotiate a new location without explicit permission from the landlord.

Comment

because the current use agreement does not permit the team to negotiate a new location without explicit permission from the landlord.
                        Sounds like one extremely bad agreement for the team. Never heard of such an agreement before in sports or elsewhere. Mind-boggling that the team ever signed such an agreement or that MLB ever allowed it. Who is this hostage-holding landlord?

Comment

Sounds like one extremely bad agreement for the team. Never heard of such an agreement before in sports or elsewhere. Mind-boggling that the team ever signed such an agreement or that MLB ever allowed it. Who is this hostage-holding landlord?
                          It very much is. The former (now deceased owner) signed it and current ownership has no way out of it. They are unable to talk to any other municipality about a new stadium without explicit permission. Tropicana Field is owned by the City of St. Petersburg

Comment

It very much is. The former (now deceased owner) signed it and current ownership has no way out of it. They are unable to talk to any other municipality about a new stadium without explicit permission. Tropicana Field is owned by the City of St. Petersburg
                            What are the terms if they breach that contract? There's always a way out, it just may not be an attractive way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

What are the terms if they breach that contract? There's always a way out, it just may not be an attractive way out.
                              There is no way out.

Comment

• Tyler Glasnow (oblique) will make a minor league rehab start on Friday for Triple-A Durham.

Glasnow is expected to throw roughly three innings in the first of his planned two or three rehab outings.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X