Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken
    replied
    I just checked and he had 2 more pre-arb years left. Yeah this isn't an SP4 contract

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post

The way that MLB salaries keep rising that's probably only SP4 money right now. Seems like a team favorable contract to me.
    How many of those years are pre-arb/arb years? I don't think comparing this contract to a free agent one tells you anything at all, it's apples and oranges

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

So that seems like a lot. I guess it shows Boston has confidence in him....any other take aways?
    The way that MLB salaries keep rising that's probably only SP4 money right now. Seems like a team favorable contract to me.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Red Sox sign Brayan Bello to a six-year, $55 million contract extension through 2030.
    So that seems like a lot. I guess it shows Boston has confidence in him....any other take aways?

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Red Sox sign Brayan Bello to a six-year, $55 million contract extension through 2030.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber announced his retirement from professional baseball on Friday after a 13-year career. He finishes with 116 wins and 1725 K's along with a 3.44 ERA and 1.13 WHIP.
    Klubot was a stud for a good 5 years--one of the very best in the game for half a decade. Looking up his WAR, I thought it would be a little higher, as good as he was form 2014-2018. But the injuries got him. He never did much of anything after 2018.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber announced his retirement from professional baseball on Friday after a 13-year career. He finishes with 116 wins and 1725 K's along with a 3.44 ERA and 1.13 WHIP.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    The Red Sox have hired Cubs’ assistant GM Craig Breslow as chief baseball officer.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    The Red Sox fired chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Your AL BAvg leader is ... Masataka Yoshida! He's been better than I thought he would be in all categories. Slashing .319/.381/.501 w 11 HR and 8 SBs. In 1 of my leagues, that translates to about a $31 player. I expected the high OPB but I figured for the year about a .282 BAvg w 10-12 HR and around 4 SBs.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Chris Sale transferred to the 60 day IL. It's starting to look like another lost season for him.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    From RW:

Red Sox' skipper Alex Cora announced Monday that outfielder Adam Duvall has been diagnosed with a fractured left wrist.

Bummer for those that have him. He was off to a hot start.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight J
    replied
    they're not even sure Story is going to play in 2023. Yikes

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Trevor Story had elbow surgery yesterday and is expected to miss 4-6 months.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    According to Jeff Passan of ESPN, the Red Sox and Rafael Devers have agreed to an 11-year, $331 million contract extension.

Given is age and bat, I like this deal better for the ballclub than the SS deals that got done this offseason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X