Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madducks
    replied
    Red Sox sign 1B Dominic Smith after his release by the Rays.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Red Sox acquire 1B Garrett Cooper from the Cubs for cash considerations.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Brayan Bello to the 15-day IL, retroactive to April 21, with right lat tightness.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied

Triston Casas has been diagnosed with a fractured left rib.

Red Sox manager Alex Cora told reporters Casas will be “out a while”.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Uh-oh.

Red Sox placed Nick Pivetta on the IL, retroactive to April 6, with a right elbow flexor strain.

Red Sox Chief Baseball Officer Craig Breslow said Nick Pivetta’s elbow strain is mild and the team thinks that he will be back at the end of his 15-day IL stint.
    (fingers crossed)

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Red Sox placed INF Trevor Story on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder dislocation.

Trevor Story will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery for a fractured right shoulder and possible additional damage.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Pivetta is my most rostered pitcher --- I already hate baseball this year as these injuries are going to impact the quality of the game this year.
    Same here. I figured this was the last year to buy him cheap or draft him late. I have Pivetta on all four of my teams.

Leave a comment:

• harmon
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Pivetta is my most rostered pitcher --- I already hate baseball this year as these injuries are going to impact the quality of the game this year.
    Feels like a NFL season.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight J
    replied

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Uh-oh.

Red Sox placed Nick Pivetta on the IL, retroactive to April 6, with a right elbow flexor strain.
    This rash of pitcher injuries are just insane

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Uh-oh.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Red Sox option INF Bobby Dalbec to Triple-A Pawtucket.

Red Sox extend OF Ceddanne Rafaela for 8 years/ $50 million.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Red Sox placed INF Trevor Story on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder dislocation.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied

So, you're saying you subtract the 2 minimum salary years before dividing the remainder of $55 million by 4 years instead of 6. OK, that's another way of looking at it.
    If you are comparing against a free agent contract you'd basically remove 2 years of the deal (and minimum salary for those 2 years) and then look at typical arb prices for the 3 arb years. So only 1 actual year of free agency bought out.

I don't think it's "another" way, it's really the only way to look at it if you are comparing contracts. Otherwise it's like saying Yamamoto must not be good he didn't make very much in Japan. It's not relevant.
    Last edited by Ken; 03-08-2024, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I just checked and he had 2 more pre-arb years left. Yeah this isn't an SP4 contract
    So, you're saying you subtract the 2 minimum salary years before dividing the remainder of $55 million by 4 years instead of 6. OK, that's another way of looking at it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X