No announcement yet.

2K24: Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm... as a Villar owner, I hope the new guy will let them run as wild as Showalter did...

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Buck Showalter will not return as manager of the Orioles next season and may assume another role in the organization after the team lost 115 games this year.
      I was stunned when I first saw this, I had no idea the O's were that bad
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Buck Showalter will not return as manager of the Orioles next season and may assume another role in the organization after the team lost 115 games this year.
        I was stunned when I first saw this, I thought Buck retired 15 years ago.

Comment

• Chris Davis continues to be historically putrid. He's now 0-for-22 to start the season, and dating back to last year, he's 0 for his last 40 and 1-for-59. At this point, either send him to the minors or outright release him, who cares about the money owed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Chris Davis continues to be historically putrid. He's now 0-for-22 to start the season, and dating back to last year, he's 0 for his last 40 and 1-for-59. At this point, either send him to the minors or outright release him, who cares about the money owed.
            Perhaps an "Orioles consultant" job is in his future. He just has to carry his cell phone with him while he is on the golf course. Not that anyone would call.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Perhaps an "Orioles consultant" job is in his future. He just has to carry his cell phone with him while he is on the golf course. Not that anyone would call.
              Being this historically bad should make him go to confessional, or really, he should just sack up and retire!

Comment

Being this historically bad should make him go to confessional, or really, he should just sack up and retire!
                Yeah I don't think it works that way.

Comment

• Anybody have a $1 flyer on catcher Pedro Severino? He's only 25, was terrible last season, but he's been awesome this year. I've had him way out-hitting D. Jansen as my 2 catchers in AL Only... recently scooped him for $1 in RJEL (18 team, 1 catcher, tough to become a keeper). After 5 HR's and decent supporting stats in his first 100 AB, he exploded for a 3 HR game, putting him at 8 HR in only 104 AB, with a .288/.370/.567 slash.

I like his chances to put up 2-3 years of solid stats until their 1st overall pick unseats him. Anybody know anything about Severino? I've only followed the scoreboards, haven't heard a word about him.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• great headline ...

Norfolk Tides Third Baseman Sent Down To Baltimore Orioles

from the onion, obviously
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Chris Davis's BA over:
                      1 season (277 ABs): .173
                      2 seasons (747 ABs): .170
                      3 seasons (1203 ABs): .187
                      4 seasons (1769 ABs): .198

In 3 of his last 6 seasons, he will have hit under .200.

Forget Mario Mendoza, it's the Chris Davis line!

Oh, he's only owed $69m for the next 3 seasons too. Time to put him out to pasture like the Yanks do with Ellsbury.

Comment

• Maybe Davis can boost the attendance at Norfolk and feed the minor leaguers.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Orioles gave up 305 HRs this season, shattering the previous mark of 260. Dan Straily gave up 22 HRs in 47 2/3 IP!!!

Comment

• Trey Mancini undergoing "non-baseball related" surgery and will "miss time."

Comment

Trey Mancini undergoing "non-baseball related" surgery and will "miss time."
                              Might be an opening for Mountcastle.

Comment

Trey Mancini undergoing "non-baseball related" surgery and will "miss time."
                                Jeez, I'm really worried about the guy.

Orioles right-handed starter Alex Cobb commented on Mancini's condition, telling the Baltimore Sun that "there are certain people that you know, without a doubt, are going to beat what they're going through and come back stronger. And Trey's probably the most competitive player I've ever been around and I know when he gets all this taken care of, he's going to take the needed rest, recovery and come back more determined and stronger than ever."
                                That doesn't sound good at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X