2k14 Rumor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k14 Rumor Thread

Dodgers going heavy after David Price and will make a significant offer to Japanese star Masahiro Tanaka

Despite signing Derek Jeter, the Yanks are interested in signing Stephen Drew

Can the Dodgers make a deal for Joe Maddon instead? Trade Peterson for Joe and call it good for the next decade...now THAT'S an upgrade.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

The Dodgers do have the prospects (who may not be able to crack the MLB roster) to go after a big-time starter, so at least we have that going for us.

Comment

According to Rob Bradford the Red Sox are going to push hard on Giancarlo Stanton and supposedly Carlos Ruiz is on their radar assuming Salty does not return.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Can the Dodgers make a deal for Joe Maddon instead? Trade Peterson for Joe and call it good for the next decade...now THAT'S an upgrade.
          No

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Dodgers going heavy after David Price and will make a significant offer to Japanese star Masahiro Tanaka

Despite signing Derek Jeter, the Yanks are interested in signing Stephen Drew
            Cano should be back, but would they move Jeter to second as a contingency?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Cano should be back, but would they move Jeter to second as a contingency?
              Never. I think Cano will be back, but they are desperately seeking a SS who would be willing to be a utility type in 2014, and then take over SS in 2015 since this is likely Jeter's last year.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Never. I think Cano will be back, but they are desperately seeking a SS who would be willing to be a utility type in 2014, and then take over SS in 2015 since this is likely Jeter's last year.
                Ah. I have Drew as a potential keeper so I'd like to see him with a starting gig, but maybe playing 3-5 games a week and DHing 1-2 will let him stay healthy.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  Ah. I have Drew as a potential keeper so I'd like to see him with a starting gig, but maybe playing 3-5 games a week and DHing 1-2 will let him stay healthy.
                  I don't think that the Yankees would be giving Stephen Drew many (any?) DH at bats given the older guys needing the breaks of DHing on a weekly basis-- not to mention their glut of crappy outfielders looking for PT if they don't outright Wells & Ichiro.
                  "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                    I don't think that the Yankees would be giving Stephen Drew many (any?) DH at bats given the older guys needing the breaks of DHing on a weekly basis-- not to mention their glut of crappy outfielders looking for PT if they don't outright Wells & Ichiro.
                    Shouldn't they also want a better hitting dh than Drew?

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                      Shouldn't they also want a better hitting dh than Drew?
                      Shouldn't they want a better fielding SS than Jeter?
                      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                        Shouldn't they want a better fielding SS than Jeter?
                        Suhweeeet, SeaDog!
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Martin Perez sells off his arb years plus 1st 2 years of FA.

Don't really get the move as I don't see him as a 1 or a 2, and those are the only types of guys you should be trying to lock up like that

Comment

Hot Stove rumor: The Mets are going to offer Drew a 3-year, $36 million deal.
                            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Anybody who pays that much for Nolasco has never had him in fantasy baseball. Nolasco is the master of fip/era ratio.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                              X