• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you prefer ros and next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Not sure what the question is.

The "Ripken ?" question was likely a name in addition to Griffey, who is thought of as another clean player, in response to:

"But he'll never even see the Hall because somehow people think that Ken Griffey, Jr. was the only clean player"

Comment

.... But he'll never even see the Hall because somehow people think that Ken Griffey, Jr. was the only clean player in the last 30 years. Lame. Let 'em in!

That sounds like quite an exaggeration in an effort to try make your argument.

Comment

Okay. :shrug:

I don't think it's much of an exaggeration at all, really. Regardless, Alex Rodriguez is either the best or second best shortstop of all time, imo, and won't even sniff the Hall of Fame. Now, A-Rod actively got caught. But that's not even the standard for admission. Mere suspicion is enough to exclude, apparently. And somehow certain players are above suspicion while others are not, often based on nothing substantial. I'll repeat --- it's lame. Let 'em in! I don't really care whether Junior or Ripken used steroids. I'd guess that they did, personally, but like a zillion other players have no real evidence one way or another.
          Now that sounds reasonable - a far cry from ".... But he'll never even see the Hall because somehow people think that Ken Griffey, Jr. was the only clean player in the last 30 years."

Comment

• sorry i meant ripken as the #3 SS of all time (or perhaps 2).

Comment

• Nate Eovaldi has a torn flexor tendon and partially torn UCL and will miss the entire 2017 season.

Comment

• I know there is still one month to go in the season but I found it interesting that Tanaka is the current AL leading pitcher in war.

Comment

• Gary Sanchez hit his 10th HR in his 22nd career game, 3rd fastest in history behind George Scott and Trevor Story.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Gary Sanchez hit his 10th HR in his 22nd career game, 3rd fastest in history behind George Scott and Trevor Story.
                    And I'm playing him in h2h playoffs, and I hate him, and the baseball gods hate me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      And I'm playing him in h2h playoffs, and I hate him, and the baseball gods hate me.
                      And he's been on my bench this whole time. I have Lucroy and Wieters already. Plus my 1B/DH guys are V Martinez, Moreland and Abreu. Where do I put him? I don't want to start his contract if I don't have to. I had 10 point lead but that's down to 3. I will probably activate him on Sept 1 when we can add a player. Just sucks to lose a year for one month but if I win it will be worth it.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        And he's been on my bench this whole time. I have Lucroy and Wieters already. Plus my 1B/DH guys are V Martinez, Moreland and Abreu. Where do I put him? I don't want to start his contract if I don't have to. I had 10 point lead but that's down to 3. I will probably activate him on Sept 1 when we can add a player. Just sucks to lose a year for one month but if I win it will be worth it.
                        He just keeps hitting. He is going to single-handedly beat me this week. You might be missing the best week of his career right now, but I still think you have to activate him just in case he keeps this up a little longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          He just keeps hitting. He is going to single-handedly beat me this week. You might be missing the best week of his career right now, but I still think you have to activate him just in case he keeps this up a little longer.
                          Right now my plan is to activate him on Sept 1. It's killing me to wait but I don't want to waive anyone off my roster. This run is really incredible.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Since starting off his career with a 3-game hot streak, Aaron Judge is a miserable 4-for-36 with 20 Ks. As I alluded to many times before, at 6'7" he's going to get chewed up by major league pitchers due to his huge strike zone, unless he can correct. If he starts for the Yanks next season, I could easily see a 175-200 K campaign with a low .200s BA.

In better Yankee news, Gary Sanchez became the 1st rookie ever to win AL Player of the Week in back-to-back weeks.

Comment

• And this is why baseball should always force pitchers to throw four balls if they want to intentionally walk a hitter. None of this nonsense about hold up four fingers and not throwing four pitches.

The legend of Gary Sanchez continues to grow

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                And this is why baseball should always force pitchers to throw four balls if they want to intentionally walk a hitter. None of this nonsense about hold up four fingers and not throwing four pitches.

The legend of Gary Sanchez continues to grow
                                +1 .
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X