No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's riskier, Teixeira or Ryan Howard? Tough call.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Who's riskier, Teixeira or Ryan Howard? Tough call.
      That is a really tough call. The first thing that came to mind was a line from the old Monty Python skit, "Australian Table Wines"--

"This is not a wine for drinking. This is a wine for laying down and avoiding."

(BTW, Aussie wines are actually quite good--now. Forty years ago, not so much.)

My bias against the Yankees would initially have me leaning towards taking Howard. Then I'd probably take Teixeira just to "prove" I'm not prejudiced. Either way would be another stone in the Road of Regret.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

• Derek Jeter announced that he will retire after this season. Not a huge surprise but I thought it would be possible that he'd try to stick around for a few more years even if he wasn't starting.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Derek Jeter announced that he will retire after this season. Not a huge surprise but I thought it would be possible that he'd try to stick around for a few more years even if he wasn't starting.
          Unlike some players, when Jeter says he's calling it quits after the season, you can book it. I think he's already done, but given his career, you have to give him the chance to go out under better circumstances than last year.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• Man, the Yanks without Mo and Jeter? Times they are a changing.

Too bad he wasn't able to get an on-field send-off like Rivera.

As a Yankee dis-liker, this makes it a little bit easier to keep rooting against them. He and Mo were two of the classiest ever to play the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
              Too bad he wasn't able to get an on-field send-off like Rivera..
              He will--retirign at the end of the 2014 season.
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                Me dont reed so gud

Comment

• Each opponent will supply Jeter with a different virgin for each night on the road
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• He always had good judgement. This is the proper time for him to retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Each opponent will supply Jeter with a different virgin for each night on the road
                      He'll be on the DL by mid-April......
                      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        One of the very best shortstops to ever play the game. Tough to put anyone above Honus Wagner but Jeter is right in the group below that, depending of course on how you prefer to deal with multi-positional guys like Ernie Banks and A-Rod. I think an easy case can be made that Jeter's a top 5 all time shortstop. Maybe even top 3, again depending on your criteria.
                        Jeter is already in the top 10 for hits and if he stays healthy should finish in the top 10 for runs scored along with a .310+ batting average.

Rank Player (yrs) Hits
                        1. Pete Rose (24) 4256
                        2. Ty Cobb (24) 4189
                        3. Hank Aaron (23) 3771
                        4. Stan Musial (22) 3630
                        5. Tris Speaker (22)3514
                        6. Cap Anson (27) 3435
                        7. Honus Wagner (21)3420
                        8. Carl Yastrzemsk (23)3419
                        9. Paul Molitor (21) 3319
                        10. Derek Jeter (19)3316

Rank Player (yrs) Runs Scored
                        1. Rickey Henderson (25) 2295
                        2. Ty Cobb (24) 2246
                        3. Barry Bonds (22) 2227
                        4. Hank Aaron (23) 2174
                        4. Babe Ruth (22) 2174
                        6. Pete Rose (24) 2165
                        7. Willie Mays (22) 2062
                        8. Cap Anson (27) 1999
                        9. Stan Musial (22) 1949
                        10. Alex Rodriguez (20) 1919
                        11. Lou Gehrig (17) 1888
                        12. Tris Speaker (22) 1882
                        13. Derek Jeter (19) 1876
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post

How long will they let him play with diminishing skills when the injury comes along? This should be drama all season

I think an injured Jeter barely hitting still sells tickets so he will play

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            How long will they let him play with diminishing skills when the injury comes along? This should be drama all season

I think an injured Jeter barely hitting still sells tickets so he will play
                            If it comes down to management choosing between an unable-but-unwilling-to-admit-it Jeter and Girardi, they'll choose Jeter--then fire Girardi at the end of the season because he didn't win enough.

-- William James

Comment

• Yanks with a nice ML signing of Andrew Bailey.....ya know, just in case D-Rob isn't Mo after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Yanks with a nice ML signing of Andrew Bailey.....ya know, just in case D-Rob isn't Mo after all.
                                All the durability of a Yankee position player but younger. Seriously, though, a good addition if he can ever get healthy enough to contribute.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X