AL Pitching WDIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Pitching WDIS

I'm really struggling with my revamped pitching staff. It's a good problem to have. Gone are whipping boys Norris and Williams who I only started when the matchup was favourable.

I need to sit one of:

Wilson (TOR: Buehrle, @TEX: Holland)
    Buehrle (@OAK: Straily, @LAA: Wilson)
    Shields (@MIN: Diamond)
    Archer (SF: Bumgartner)
    Lester (ARI: Skaggs)
    Porcello (CHW: Peavy)

Reed (7 games: @CLE,@DET)
    Uehara (7 games: TB, SEA, ARI)
    Holland (6 games: @MIN,@NYM)
    Benoit (5 games: WAS, CHW)

I'm first in wins and need saves, Ks and ratios. I'm thinking I think I need to start all 4 closers. I could sit Benoit since the Tigers only have 5 games.

CBS ranks Buehrle and Porcello the lowest. Porcello's last 2 starts were against CHW and he won them both so I think he needs to be in there. Buehrle pitched a gem Thu, albeit against HOU, and he probably has the worst matchups.

Thoughts? TIA.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I'd just say flip a coin. Either one of those 2 could give up 6 runs in a game. Buerhle gets you 2 starts and he could be bad in both. I look at their splits and it didn't really help make the choice. Peavy might not be with CHW when he pitches, so it could be a better match up to at least get a win for Porcello. CHW offense is pretty bad. Put a gun to my head and I'd go with Porcello

Comment

Buehrle is an absolute sit. He doesn't strike people out, and has been brutal on the road this year. Oakland is 32-16 at home, and actually hits LHP a little better than RHP. So you're hoping he beats the Angels, who are starting a very effective CJ Wilson. The best news is Pujols will presumably sit.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
        Buehrle is an absolute sit. He doesn't strike people out, and has been brutal on the road this year. Oakland is 32-16 at home, and actually hits LHP a little better than RHP. So you're hoping he beats the Angels, who are starting a very effective CJ Wilson. The best news is Pujols will presumably sit.
        Porcello 2
        Buehrle 1

With a pretty convincing argument against Buehrle. Great observation that he's terrible on the road. He sits.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
        X