Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson ankle injury

Rotoworld:

Tim Hudson had to be carted off the field with a right foot injury after the Mets' Eric Young stepped on him at first base in Wednesday's game.
    It was a gruesome injury, as Hudson's ankle looked like it might have been dislocated. Hudson, understandably, was in a ton of pain before the cart came to get him and take him off the field. It looked like a possible season-ending injury, but we'll just have to wait for further updates.
    Source: Mark Bowman on Twitter
    Jul 24 - 9:42 PM
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

awful, and off outstanding performance too

NJ sportswriter

Steve Popper ‏@StevePopper 12m

Wow, I had to turn my head on that Tim Hudson ankle/achilles injury...Eric Young Jr. stepped directly on the achilles and it bent ugly.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Braves already announced it's broken and he'll need surgery. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/braves-...5368--mlb.html
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

EY Jr. owned by 2nd place team in my main league while Hudson owned by 1st place me. Dirty 2nd place owner must've put him up to it.

Comment

Good of Young to go back to Hudson right after the play and again when Hudson was on the stretcher. You could tell Young was upset it happened.

Comment

It was just one of those plays---clearly not intentional. Due to a late throw (due to a bobble), Huddy was looking at the ball and had his foot all over the bag. Nothing EY Jr. could do about it. Shame for Huddy, he's done for the year, and at his age, you have to wonder if it's gonna be a career ender.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
              EY Jr. owned by 2nd place team in my main league while Hudson owned by 1st place me. Dirty 2nd place owner must've put him up to it.
              Rotoworld:
              Eric Young Jr. is dealing with right knee pain.
              The discomfort forced him from Thursday's game against the Braves after three innings. Young tweaked his knee Wednesday when he stepped on Tim Hudson's ankle. He is considered day-to-day for the time being.
              Source: Adam Rubin on Twitter
              Jul 25 - 1:52 PM
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Classy move by Young to talk to Hudson, and classy move by Huddy to shake his hand and nod it was alright. Yay people actually caring about other humans!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                  Classy move by Young to talk to Hudson, and classy move by Huddy to shake his hand and nod it was alright. Yay people actually caring about other humans!
                  from twitter:

Eric Young Jr ‏@EYJr
                  @kimberlybhudson Thankyou for ur heart felt comments. I will pray for a speedy recovery for Tim. Please keep me posted on his progress.

Kim Hudson ‏@kimberlybhudson
                  @EYJr Thank you for playing the game the right way. You're obviously one of the good guys. We appreciate you.

Eric Young Jr ‏@EYJr
                  Thankyou all for the kind words. I sincerely appreciate it. Continued prayers for a speedy recovery for Tim. Thankyou again. #praying4Tim

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rial&hpt=hp_t3

Buster Olney ✔ @Buster_ESPN
                  Eric Young, Jr., who clipped Hudson and injured him, goes over to apologize to the pitcher as he's taken off; EY, Jr. appears to be crying.
                  9:41 PM - 24 Jul 2013
                  Last edited by madducks; 07-25-2013, 06:38 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X