Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value for Braun in keeper/dynasty league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value for Braun in keeper/dynasty league?

I have Braun in a 20 team H2H Dynasty League (7x7 leagu). We keep 6 players every year. We can trade draft picks, etc.

I have put him on the trade market because I am trying to win it this year, and wanted to know what everyone's perceived value of him is?

I was offered Nelson Cruz straight up, but that is Roider for Roider, suspension for suspension.

I've also been offered Anthony Rizzo plus a 7th round pick (which is the 1st round after the keepers-the team is in 2nd to last place now so will likely be a high pick) for Braun.

Other players on his team I could get for Braun include Hunter Pence and Josh Hamilton, Edward Mujica (I already have 2 closers, Jansen and Reed). His team is very very bare!

It stinks because his value is at it's lowest, but what happens from here on out? Before roids of course, he was a top 5 Dynasty Player.

My other players I will select from that will be keepers this year are as follows:

1B: Votto
    3B: Beltre
    OF: Trout

SP: Zimmerman
    SP: Hamels
    SP: Buccholz
    RP: Jansen

I can always keep Braun, but should I trade him while I can and get what essentially could be the #1 pick next year after keepers?
    Last edited by ; 07-23-2013, 03:03 PM.

ugh. At least your other keepers look good. Can you give us some idea of the quality of players that you might have available with that draft pick next year? Who went in the 7th round this year?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Ugh is right. Being a 20 team league, the pickings get slim by round 7. Some of the notables taken after Round 6 include:

Mark Trumbo
      Aaron Hill
      Nelson Cruz
      Chris Davis
      Carlos Beltran
      Yadier Molina
      Pedro Alvarez
      Victor Martinez
      Jeff Samardidzja

Only reason a couple of these were there is because some dummies decided not to keep them in a 20 team league (ie: Hill/Molina both should have been kept after last season)

But what am I to do? Just hold on to him for next year? I lost my 9th round pick in a deal for Buccholz, but I at least have some of those mentioned above to have as keepers next year.

Comment

I'd wait a week for the news to die down and cooler roto heads to prevail re: Braun's value. With 20 teams in the league, I'd think you'd have at least 10 would-be dumpers who should be psyched to get Braun and would give you most of whoever they picked in rounds 7 through 11 for him.

Comment

I've also been offered the following:

Ian Kinsler, Jayson Werth, and Evan Gattis for Weeks, Mesoraco, and Braun

Pedroia and McCann for Byrd and Braun or I can switch McCann for a draft pick or possibly a pitcher like Archer

What do you think?

Comment

Any other thoughts? Do I just hold on to him, or do the Rizzo deal? I don't like the Kinsler deal. The owner who had the Pedroia offer changed his mind. I can't do Nelson Cruz straight up because he'll likely be suspended too.

Comment

Working...
            X