Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilli Hurt

Hurt arm while pitching.

Yea, let's hope that's just a cramp but he had no command there and that's a scary elbow flag

Comment

Damn Sports Illustrated cover jinx.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Hurdle and Searage really wanted him to get the save but they should have seen the lack of command and pulled him sooner. Everything was up.

Lots of sad faces in the dugout after the game. Everyone seems to think it's serious.

Melancon should be the fill-in, Justin Wilson will get a lot of 8th inning work, and hopefully Victor Black gets the call from AAA if Grilli goes on the DL.

Comment

and he's been placed on the DL. Neil Walker is back though and Victor Black was called up

Comment

FWIW, beat writer Dejan Kovacevik (no way I spelled that right) said Grilli just had swelling and did not hear a pop. So there's still hope he could be back in 3-4 weeks. (My speculation, the Pirates haven't given a timetable)

Comment

Grilli has a flexor tendon strain. 2 weeks of rest, then re-evaluate. Not a surgical candidate, but typical recovery time is 4-8 weeks

Comment

Since I traded for him moments before he threw the fateful pitch, I'm betting on "season ending".

Comment

Working...
                X