No announcement yet.

The Cardinals are insane w/RISP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the Cardinals should hire a hitting coach who gets them to try just as hard when no runners are in scoring position.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      The KEY difference is that in regular baseball the players are actually determining the outcome of the games..hence a large amount of skill is involved.

In fantasy baseball we have no affect on the outcome of any games or player performances...hence a large amount of luck is involved.
      Heisenberg (sp?) disagrees.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Really? Then he's wrong.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

As does Crash Davis.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Really? Then he's wrong.
            It's sad that a physicist who probably knew little about baseball and cared less gets deemed wrong by Mith when Mith apparently doesn't even know what I am talking about.

Comment

It's sad that a physicist who probably knew little about baseball and cared less gets deemed wrong by Mith when Mith apparently doesn't even know what I am talking about.
              Well I know what i said is correct.

Sorry I'm not on your plane of intelligence and couldn't figure out what you meant. I didn't know if you were referring to quantum mechanics, ferromagnetism, cosmic rays or subatomic particles and exactly how it related to my comment. It would help if you explained your comment to us dummies....
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Well I know what i said is correct.

Sorry I'm not on your plane of intelligence and couldn't figure out what you meant. I didn't know if you were referring to quantum mechanics, ferromagnetism, cosmic rays or subatomic particles and exactly how it related to my comment. It would help if you explained your comment to us dummies....
                It's an old semi-comincal application of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (HUP). IIRC, the HUP basically provides that we cannot know which direction an electron is spinning because if we slowed down the electron enough to determine this, our actions could be the cause of the direction of the spin. The more basic idea behind it is that you can never be certain if you cannot do an exactly controlled test. Thus, I cannot know if the Braves would have won last night if I had just worn a Braves jersey while watching the game on TV---there is no reason to believe that this would have changed the result, but there can be no way to conclusively prove this because I cannot return to last night and wear the jersey. It has been cited as a reason to wear rally caps, etc.

Comment

It's an old semi-comincal application of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (HUP). IIRC, the HUP basically provides that we cannot know which direction an electron is spinning because if we slowed down the electron enough to determine this, our actions could be the cause of the direction of the spin. The more basic idea behind it is that you can never be certain if you cannot do an exactly controlled test. Thus, I cannot know if the Braves would have won last night if I had just worn a Braves jersey while watching the game on TV---there is no reason to believe that this would have changed the result, but there can be no way to conclusively prove this because I cannot return to last night and wear the jersey. It has been cited as a reason to wear rally caps, etc.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X