Jeter Back to the DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeter Back to the DL

quad strain, Yanks send him back to the DL retroactive to July 12.

Even the Yankees won't be foolish enough to give him another contract, unless it's for one year. Looks like Jeter will have to exercise his player option for 2014 ($8 million plus three deferred payments of $2 million/year, payable in 2015-16-17).
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

I would guess he exercises the player option, does a farewell tour in 2014, and calls it a career.

Comment

But if he retires, what will ESPN and Fox do for stock shots during Yankee games? We've grown so used to his same impassive, expressionless countenance being shown 40-50 times per game.

That said, I see it your way, cb. Jeter is a smart man and will probably opt for the George Brett path to retirement, the "I can still play, but not at my old level, so I'm done" type.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Working...
        X