Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolasco is a Dodger

NL tough-love leagues rejoice!

It appears they are eating all salary and gave up 3 future bullpen arms.

Comment

This looks like one of my roto leagues...one guy willing to make moves to get a title, the rest too timid to do what's needed to improve their teams. The Dodgers may not be the best at making decisions, but I'll give them full credit at least going for it when it's up for grabs. Nolasco will be a fine end of the rotation guy for them, something that they really need.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        This looks like one of my roto leagues...one guy willing to make moves to get a title, the rest too timid to do what's needed to improve their teams. The Dodgers may not be the best at making decisions, but I'll give them full credit at least going for it when it's up for grabs. Nolasco will be a fine end of the rotation guy for them, something that they really need.
        It's money. The Dodgers were willing to eat Nolasco's salary. Let's not confuse that with courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          It's money. The Dodgers were willing to eat Nolasco's salary. Let's not confuse that with courage.
          No, they have the courage to SPEND the money. Every team that's in the hunt has more than enough cash to take on all of Nolasco's deal...it's not that much. But nobody else would do it. And when a guy is a contributor to your team, you're not "eating salary", you're paying a man to do his job.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Well, it's not accident that an expression that is synonymous with "courage" is "put your money where your mouth is." Isn't that the test of who is truly courageous and who is just blowing smoke?

I respect the Dodgers for making the moves they are. Now, they are complete and total idiots about most of them, but they are jumping at opportunities when they present themselves. If this team is gelling, AND they grab the free agents they need, watch out. I'm still waiting and seeing because the NL West is a mess and it'll be a month before it starts to sort itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              No, they have the courage to SPEND the money. Every team that's in the hunt has more than enough cash to take on all of Nolasco's deal...it's not that much. But nobody else would do it. And when a guy is a contributor to your team, you're not "eating salary", you're paying a man to do his job.
              Fair point, Hornsby. And the Rockies apparently do not have that courage. I suspect they don't believe they have the money, but agree they probably do.

Comment

as a Dodger fan, I'm happy they added Nolasco, but I thought salary dump deals were supposed to go away for the Marlins once they got their stadium.

Comment

Never underestimate Jeff Loria's ability to dump salary.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Nice game against the Cubs today, not that that's hard to do. His ERA as a Dodger is 2.20.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      Nice game against the Cubs today, not that that's hard to do. His ERA as a Dodger is 2.20.
                      We were always told Nolasco could be this good, yet we rarely saw it for very long when he was with the Marlins. I'm sure most people had given up on him as one of those guys who never put up numbers consistent with his talent.

So far as a Dodger, he's certainly proven many (including me) wrong.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                        We were always told Nolasco could be this good, yet we rarely saw it for very long when he was with the Marlins. I'm sure most people had given up on him as one of those guys who never put up numbers consistent with his talent.

So far as a Dodger, he's certainly proven many (including me) wrong.
                        He was pretty danged good as a Marlin earlier this season!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          He was pretty danged good as a Marlin earlier this season!
                          Yes, but after all the disappointments, many of us stopped paying attention to him.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

Working...
                          X