Everth Cabrera ROS and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everth Cabrera ROS and beyond

Will the DL stint slow him up for rest of season? Anyone want to take a stab at his 2014 value? I've got a trade offer sitting there, Cabrera has a very reasonable salary as a keeper. Other owner is asking for Chapman though, who is even cheaper. Trying to gauge if the added sb's will help enough with the loss of saves.
    Last edited by ; 06-21-2013, 08:42 AM.

I don't see him back until after the break myself but if he stays healthy, he could have 80 steals between his return & the end of next season.

Comment

Cabrera was hitting quite well this season..I would prefer him over Chapman.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

There is a chance he gets suspended though. Presumably next year.

Comment

How many speed guys ever give you a consistent 600+ ABs? Doesn't seem like that many. I would be comfortable putting him down for 450 AB, ..270-280 and 50 steals next year. I would be less comfortable assuming he plays more than 60-70 games the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
            There is a chance he gets suspended though. Presumably next year.
            This could be quite the roadblock. Otherwise, he seems like Juan Pierre with SS eligibility.

Comment

I was trying to trade for him in my NL 4x4 before he got hurt, I was offering Travis Wood and he countered with Clayton Kershaw which ended our discissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                I was trying to trade for him in my NL 4x4 before he got hurt, I was offering Travis Wood and he countered with Clayton Kershaw which ended our discissions.
                I would imagine his counter was a response to your initial offer which isn't close to equal value. No offense but Cabrera is a way more valuable roto-player than Wood, despite Wood's terrific season.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  I would imagine his counter was a response to your initial offer which isn't close to equal value. No offense but Cabrera is a way more valuable roto-player than Wood, despite Wood's terrific season.
                  Yep, I agree with this. The perils of attempting to buy (very) low.

Comment

Especially in 4x4. I would add that I am guessing Kershaw's salary is at value in your league somewhere around $40-$50, and Cabrera is under $12. Cabrera slaughters Kershaw in profit dollars. I am not so sure you should have ended the discussion.

Wood for Cabrera is a bit insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Especially in 4x4. I would add that I am guessing Kershaw's salary is at value in your league somewhere around $40-$50, and Cabrera is under $12. Cabrera slaughters Kershaw in profit dollars. I am not so sure you should have ended the discussion.

Who would you be more likely to keep next year, Kershaw at $40-50 or Cabrera for $12?

For the rest of this year asking for Kershaw is pretty ridiculous. Much more than offering Wood...
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Who would you be more likely to keep next year, Kershaw at $40-50 or Cabrera for $12?

For the rest of this year asking for Kershaw is pretty ridiculous. Much more than offering Wood...
                        in a 4 by 4x4? Not so ridiculous as Kershaws strikeouts don't matter and SBs are 25% of the offensive categories. Without taking salaries into account I would prefer Kershaw but not by nearly as much as youre making it out. Cabrera has 9 more steals than anyone else in the NL. He also is hittingover .300. Kershaw is pitching great but it isn't like he is alone. Harvey, Miller, Cliff Lee and Zimmerman are all comparable to Kershaw in a 4x4. The injury changes this but under these parameters and if Cabrera want injured, its not a bad offer.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

in a 4 by 4x4? Not so ridiculous as Kershaws strikeouts don't matter and SBs are 25% of the offensive categories. Without taking salaries into account I would prefer Kershaw but not by nearly as much as youre making it out. Cabrera has 9 more steals than anyone else in the NL. He also is hittingover .300. Kershaw is pitching great but it isn't like he is alone. Harvey, Miller, Cliff Lee and Zimmerman are all comparable to Kershaw in a 4x4. The injury changes this but under these parameters and if Cabrera want injured, its not a bad offer.
                          Gotcha...i overlooked the 4x4...my mistake...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

For whatever it's worth, neither team is dumping, we are both contenders. Kershaw is done after this year, while Cabrera is $16 and Wood is $1. The team with Cabrera has a 15 SB lead over second and a 34 SB lead over third in that category, and he needs starting pitching badly. He feels like you and thinks that he can do better than Wood, but so far no one has come close to offering him a pitcher with a 2.74 ERA and 1.00 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                              For whatever it's worth, neither team is dumping, we are both contenders. Kershaw is done after this year, while Cabrera is $16 and Wood is $1. The team with Cabrera has a 15 SB lead over second and a 34 SB lead over third in that category, and he needs starting pitching badly. He feels like you and thinks that he can do better than Wood, but so far no one has come close to offering him a pitcher with a 2.74 ERA and 1.00 WHIP
                              Can Wood keep it up? I don't think so. Plus he plays for the Cubs so wins will be harder to come by.

$16 SS Cabrera is a little more than I expected, but certainly a keeper at that price. Getting half a year out of Kershaw make the trade much closer.

If Wood keeps it up he is a great keeper for a buck. Still too much of a gamble to take for Cabrera. Plus if you thought he was going to keep it up you wouldn't offer him. No way do you keep lame duck Kershaw over a $1 keeper Wood if you were positive that Wood would keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X