Huge trade, who wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge trade, who wins?

This is a potential trade about to go down in my 12 team AL only keeper league 5x5 roto

Owner A (in first place by 14 points) gives Darvish $2 2014 (or can be extended $5 per yr, up to 3 yrs before next season), Chris Davis $8 2014 (can be extended same as Darvish), Seth Smith $4 2015

for

Owner B (currently in 4th place 23 points out) gives Rios $17 2014, Crisp $13 2013, C.Perez $15 2013, CC $37 2015 and a prospect

What side do you like?

It would be hard for me if I was team A to make that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      It would be hard for me if I was team A to make that deal.
      Team A has the most to gain in Sb's and saves, but I think he could do a lot better then C.Perez with a $2 Darvish and $8 Davis in the deal. Those are the last of his trading chips

Comment

the two best players are Darvish & Davis, so Owner B wins in a landslide. But since Owner A is in 1st place, fug 'em!

Comment

what revo said. that trade doesn't feel close unless the team in first is replacing some really terrible players with the extra guys he's getting.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            the two best players are Darvish & Davis, so Owner B wins in a landslide. But since Owner A is in 1st place, fug 'em!
            Yeh, I just can't make sense of it. Team A is not getting back any studs and CC has not been the same this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              what revo said. that trade doesn't feel close unless the team in first is replacing some really terrible players with the extra guys he's getting.
              That's the thing. He's out of trading chips if he does this and he's not getting a Verlander or Rivera or Nathan or Ellsbury or Cano back in return. It's a trade he doesn't need to do, especially right now.

Comment

Horrible trade for Team A, unless the prospect is Bryan Buxton or Bogaerts or some other top 5 AL stud. He should be a able to get a lot more if he breaks this up. If I'm Team A, I am not giving that much talent and long term value for that return. But again, the unnamed prospect matters here. If it is some run of the mill mid-tier talent, I don't know how a first place team got to first place making moves like this. If it is Buxton, that makes a huge difference.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-18-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Horrible trade for Team A, unless the prospect is Bryan Buxton or Bogaerts or some other top 5 AL stud. I mean, it is possible it improves his chances this year, but he could get a lot more if he breaks this up. If I'm Team A, I am not giving that much talent and long term value for that return.
                  Yeh, he just picked up a stolen base guy so all he need is another closer right now. No need to get 2 more stolen base guys and a mediocre closer at best. He doesn't need to try and win every category because he wont. Oh well. Maybe he comes to his senses before the other owner accepts. I would think that he would have right away. The other prospect wouldn't be an AL top 10.

Comment

He's up by 14 points...what the hell is he thinking getting rid of those players like that??
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Team A is punting the title and losing two great keepers. Doesn't he know if it isn't broke don't fix it. The manager from team B should get a job selling swamp land.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Team A did not get into first place by making trades like this. I do not know what he is thinking.

Team B should have pulled the trigger on this before it was even posted.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Team A is punting the title and losing two great keepers. Doesn't he know if it isn't broke don't fix it. The manager from team B should get a job selling swamp land.
                          Agreed. Maybe Team A's owner got hit in the head or something...
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Well, Team A backed off and the trade didn't go through. Team B not too happy.

Now Team B made a trade to stay in it

Team B gets A.Jones $23 (final yr), Nathan $27 2015, Aybar $11 (final yr) and Reddick $10 2014

Team C gets Hardy $13 2014, Hellickson $10 2014, F.Guttierez $6 2015 and a thrown in for fabb

Team B can pick up a lot in saves and is currently 3rd

Comment

Team B is getting all the good trades. The first one was obviously lopsided in his favor and now this one. He gets talent and what he gives up is well, iffy, not exactly great keeper material.

Comment

Working...
                              X