Miggy trade offer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I want to, but is Craig/Medlen enough? Or is it an offer you wouldn't even think about accepting?
    If I owned Miggy and this offer came to me, I wouldn't hesitate to decline it...even sitting in 10th right now. If I were looking to deal Miggy, I'd feel pretty sure that I could do better than Medlen and Craig. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
      If I owned Miggy and this offer came to me, I wouldn't hesitate to decline it...even sitting in 10th right now. If I were looking to deal Miggy, I'd feel pretty sure that I could do better than Medlen and Craig. But that's just me.
      Thanks...
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thanks...
        Maybe the other owner will be more open to it...so give it a shot. Speaking purely from my perspective...if I'm in 10th on May 16, I'm not persuaded at this point to start looking toward next year unless Miggy is the only piece I have. My inclination would be to work the crap out of my team and try to start moving up. If I see in a month or so that I'm not making a move and not likely to make a move, then I would basically hold Miggy until closer to the trade deadline, make it public that I'll be renting him out for the two best young, cheap keepers I can get, and then take the best offer I can get. I honestly wouldn't think of trading him this early for a couple of solid keepers without putting him up for sale league-wide.

If you can possibly sweet-talk the other owner into making the deal, then go for it.

Comment

Uh, that's pretty much what the original post said. Although i didn't feel the need to state who owned which players to avoid any Mith-backlash
          and then clarified it 3 posts later - oh well

If I was playing for this year - I would not trade Cabrera
          If I was playing for the future I would want more - but not be offended by your trade - I just wouldn't do it

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            and then clarified it 3 posts later - oh well

If I was playing for this year - I would not trade Cabrera
            If I was playing for the future I would want more - but not be offended by your trade - I just wouldn't do it
            Thanks...
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Maybe the other owner will be more open to it...so give it a shot. Speaking purely from my perspective...if I'm in 10th on May 16, I'm not persuaded at this point to start looking toward next year unless Miggy is the only piece I have. My inclination would be to work the crap out of my team and try to start moving up. If I see in a month or so that I'm not making a move and not likely to make a move, then I would basically hold Miggy until closer to the trade deadline, make it public that I'll be renting him out for the two best young, cheap keepers I can get, and then take the best offer I can get. I honestly wouldn't think of trading him this early for a couple of solid keepers without putting him up for sale league-wide.

If you can possibly sweet-talk the other owner into making the deal, then go for it.
              Yeah, if he has any sense he won't trade Cabrera without advertising him first. Did Miggy's owner come to you saying he was considering moving him or is this a 'cold call' offer? Makes a difference.
              Last edited by ; 05-16-2013, 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

This is my thought too. But i am the guy in the league who makes trade offer after trade offer and this was one that i came up with today. I wouldn't deal Miggy at this point for those two either.

Comment

Originally posted by dannahann View Post
                  Yeah, if he has any sense he won't trade Cabrera without advertising him first. Did Miggy's owner come to you saying he was considering moving him or is this a 'cold call' offer? Makes a difference.
                  Cold call..and for some reason very few owners advertise when they want to deal someone...It's usually "make them an offer and they accept it" kind of trading in this league.

Comment

Working...
                  X