AL: Trade for Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL: Trade for Price?

Need Ks, wins. I'm looking to acquire Price 25 (not a keeper). Rough start? dead arm? allergies from clubhouse laundry chemicals?

I offered Beltre 27. I'm reluctant to upgrade the offer to Longoria 30.

He countered with Beltre 27 /Salty 7 (not a keeper) for Price 25 / Conger 1. I balked.

Am I under valuing Price? He has 1 win and terrible ratios so I'm reluctant to overpay.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I think the offer of Beltre straight up is more than fair. I'd shop elsewhere if he won't back down.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I think the offer of Beltre straight up is more than fair. I'd shop elsewhere if he won't back down.
      Agreed

Comment

IMO he's just trying to squeeze a bit more out of you. I might counter with a Price + something-of-small-value for Betre + garbage ... see if he comes back to the straight up deal.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I also think you've made a fair offer, but why not offer Longoria? Longoria's numbers are a little inflated by a .371 BABIP (career .307) and he's not exactly been a picture of health lately. I value Beltre a smidge higher.

EDIT: I should add that a Longoria or Beltre should net you a Price who wasn't slumping. You're getting no discount. Maybe you should shop for another ace? Though I think Price will come around, his peripherals aren't far off from last year.
          Last edited by ; 05-15-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I like Longoria better but with his good start maybe if I 'upgrade' the offer to Longoria he will bite. Gillaspie will fill his spot. Beltre is always undervalued in this league.

The other trade I'm working on with owner #2 is my CDavis 14 (no keeper) for Ogando 16 + ?
            I asked for Hicks 4 but the other owner wants to use him as trade bait later.

He offered Ogando / Callaspo for Beltre or Longoria but I don't think it's enough.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              He offered Ogando / Callaspo for Beltre or Longoria but I don't think it's enough.
              I agree with that assessment.

Comment

I agree with that assessment.
                Doing it for CDavis is closer but I already have Gillaspie on the bench.

Comment

Doing it for CDavis is closer but I already have Gillaspie on the bench.
                  I'd deal Davis to get Ogando. But definitely move on from Price...sounds not good tonight.

Comment

I'd deal Davis to get Ogando. But definitely move on from Price...sounds not good tonight.
                    Straight up? I'm trying to get an OF to fill the Davis hole.

Comment

Straight up? I'm trying to get an OF to fill the Davis hole.
                      I agree you need Ogando + for Davis.

Comment

after yesterday's debacle, he's got to be in pure panic mode. No way do I part with Beltre for him now, with a DL stint looming.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          after yesterday's debacle, he's got to be in pure panic mode. No way do I part with Beltre for him now, with a DL stint looming.
                          Yep, the Price talks are dead.

How about Scherzer/Callaspo for Longoria?

He has Shields and I have Beltre who could be subbed in, but I think this is the best deal for me. It is enough?

Comment

Yep, the Price talks are dead.

How about Scherzer/Callaspo for Longoria?

He has Shields and I have Beltre who could be subbed in, but I think this is the best deal for me. It is enough?
                            I think this deal is about right. It would be nice to get a slightly more useful piece than Callaspo though. But if you can't, it still makes sense for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanksta View Post
                              I think this deal is about right. It would be nice to get a slightly more useful piece than Callaspo though. But if you can't, it still makes sense for you.
                              Morales/Shields? Morales/Ogando? I don't think he gives up that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X