2013 MLB Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 MLB Draft

PhuturePhillies has started some write-ups on potential picks in the draft. Today they did College Hitters The article is from a Phillies perspective so the top talent is cursory listed in a "Off The Board" section at the bottom, but a decent write-up on a lot of guys.

So You Want a College Hitter
    Now that we are into May it is time to look at specific players and groups of players. We are going to kick off this series with the thinnest position which is college hitters. For the most part this is going to stick to players available for the 1st and 2nd round pick. I don’t have the information base nor time to do a full breakdown of later picks so those will be limited to mostly rumors of the Phillies being connected to a certain player. Additionally the MLB draft can be extremely unpredictable since teams don’t have “needs” to fill and it is much better to do predictions in the moment.
    Now that we are into May it is time to look at specific players and groups of players.  We are going to kick off this series with the thinnest position which is college hitters.  For the most part …
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

So You Want a College Pitcher
    Due to the developmental differences between hitters and pitchers many more pitchers blossom in college baseball. This means that there is a depth of pitching available in the draft that is not greatly inferior talent wise to the high school pitching available. In the later rounds the quantity of good college pitching decreases but in the first two rounds there are plenty of college arms that have legitimate major league starting pitches.
    Due to the developmental differences between hitters and pitchers many more pitchers blossom in college baseball.  This means that there is a depth of pitching available in the draft that is not gr…
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
    X