No announcement yet.

Buy low candidates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Straily isn't helping you either. Maybe try McAlister?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Perhaps not a surprise, but it would still be a terrible dump deal. Hughes, even when he won 18 games, was nothing more than mediocre. Price is the reigning Cy Young award winner, and has never had a full season where he was less than exceptional. I would think you could get more for one of the best starting pitchers in the AL, slow start or no.
      We'll agree to disagree, or perhaps our leagues handle dump deals differently. Hughes was bankable for a low-4s ERA and mid-1.2 WHIP, 7.5ish Ks/9. That's a $11-15 pitcher in our league, not even counting his improvement in K:BB ratio. Price is a $30-33 pitcher in our league. He could draw a good to very good prospect and filler back in a deal, but he probably wouldn't draw a premier prospect (say, like Wil Myers).
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
        Well, I don't believe Donaldson and Betancourt can keep this up. I expect the rug to come out eventually, and I figure Betancourt's value is as high as it's going to be all season. Lawrie just isn't Lawrie. I had hopes for Frazier this year, but man he has been awful lately...though I do understand he's a streaky guy. Right now, Betancourt has had to be my MI with Tulo and Aybar taking turns getting hurt and missing games. Frazier has floated between OF, CI, 1B, and DH for me. The great thing about him and Betancourt is they do provide versatility.

I guess I'm just trying to solidify my 3B slot. It's my lone money league, and I'm currently tied for 1st with another team that, on paper, looks much stronger than mine (at least in my mind). The guy who has Freese could use a lot of help, and I was thinking of throwing some spare parts his way to see if he'd bite.
        If you can deal Betancourt now, and get value - including Freese - do it. Even if he doesn't go ice cold soon (which, given we're talking about Yuni here, is very likely), he has about 3-4 weeks of nearly full-time PT, and another 1-3 weeks of 3-4 days a week, depending on how fast Hart is put on full-time duty at 1B.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I hope you got that Hughes for Price deal through before tonight's game. Ugh.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            I hope you got that Hughes for Price deal through before tonight's game. Ugh.
            From whose perspective? They both sucked and Price left the game hurt, although not initially deemed serious.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Is it buying low if I can get Kemp for Hanley Ramirez?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                We'll agree to disagree, or perhaps our leagues handle dump deals differently. Hughes was bankable for a low-4s ERA and mid-1.2 WHIP, 7.5ish Ks/9. That's a $11-15 pitcher in our league, not even counting his improvement in K:BB ratio. Price is a $30-33 pitcher in our league. He could draw a good to very good prospect and filler back in a deal, but he probably wouldn't draw a premier prospect (say, like Wil Myers).
                The problem is that's not really what Hughes should be expected to do---that's the 'let's take only his good years' assessment. I think most owners will look at the bad years, too, and project him as being a low to mid 4s in era (which is to say, a negative) and 1.30s in WHIP (also a negative). He has as much downside as upside, and while the Ks make him draftable he's not someone you seek out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                  Is it buying low if I can get Kemp for Hanley Ramirez?
                  Yeah, I think so...Kemp is playing OK, he just doesn't seem to have the strength to hit the ball out of the park at this point. But if this is the Dynasty league that you're in, I'd certainly do the deal for future seasons. I would suspect that he'll get back to being the beast that he always has been once he can devote the time to building up the strength in the shoulder area, rather than just rehabbing it.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X