Buy low candidates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy low candidates.

In years past we have had posts on not panicking for players with slow starts. We have also used those slow starts to target buy low candidates.

I would like your thoughts on who and why are good targets for this year.

I'll throw Miguel Montero out there.

In his prime years with proven success already, good home park, left handed, no backup threat of takeover, no current or past injury history. Hard to understand why he's under .200. I know one week there were about 5 defensive web gems on hard hit balls of his.

Comment

Victor Martinez's current BABIP is .236 and he's hitting .220 on the year. Sure, his power is down, as to be expected at 34, but only once has he finished a full season with a BABIP under .300 - his first full year with the Indians in 2004. His K rate is still very reasonable at 10%. He may not get 20 HRs this year, but he'll give you 80 RBIs easy in that lineup.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Kemp. Lingering injury but hitting better, so the more he heals, the better he'll hit, I believe.

Cain. I'd like to think so, but I haven't seen him pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
          Kemp. Lingering injury but hitting better, so the more he heals, the better he'll hit, I believe.

Cain. I'd like to think so, but I haven't seen him pitch?
          I was thinking Cain as well. I am wondering if Halladay and Lincecum might not effect the thinking on Cain. Also, is it possible that Cain's value is so low that that the only thing an owner can do is hang on and wait until if or when he comes out of it.?

Comment

David Price

Comment

Reverend Ike
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Martin Prado
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Jay Bruce and BJ Upton - any reason they aren't performing like past years?

Neil Walker - wrist injuries always concern me since they sap power, but finger injuries, not so much, so I'd consider him.

Giancarlo Stanton(?)

Aaron Hill and Cameron Maybin- wrist injuries - don't buy low.

Ben Revere - his slow start makes me fear for his PT, so I wouldn't buy low on him. Maybe Philly fans would disagree w this?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                    Ben Revere - his slow start makes me fear for his PT, so I wouldn't buy low on him. Maybe Philly fans would disagree w this?
                    I'm not sure if he will start hitting, but the phillies really don't have anyone to play CF other than him. Mayberry has been playing some, when with D Young and Brown flanking him, you can't get by with a passable CF. They need Revere's range and D.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Allen Craig
                      Brett Lawrie

I honestly don't know if Ike is a buy low or if he just sucks. He got demoted in the lineup.

Comment

Craig shouldn't be a buy low with all of those RBI's. He's already driving in a very high % of his runners despite not showing much power

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Allen Craig
                          Brett Lawrie
                          I hope you are right about Lawrie. I took the universal advise of the Pen in a trade to start the year where I chose Brett Lawrie over a cheaper Arenado and Carlos Marintez.

I got Votto for a cheap keeper Ian Kennedy and Nolan Arenado, but I was given the option of replacing Arenado with Lawrie, AND he'd give Carlos Martinez to make up the difference between the two. So far, I'm regretting chooising Lawrie over Arenado and Martinez.

Comment

How about RA Dickey?

Comment

I'd offer Josh Hamilton for David Price and see who bites first.

Comment

Working...
                              X