The vultures are circling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The vultures are circling!

Already I have lost J Kubel and Z Greinke. Prior to the draft, I had already lost Eovaldi and Forsythe. I drafted on the reserve round Mark Rogers, on the DL. I drafted [for $7.] Fat Franky, on the DL. I drafted Matt Garza, also for a nice $7., but he is on the DL.
    Of course, all my league-mates want to help me out, offering wonderful deals!
    This early, I can only stay the course unless someone comes in with an offer I really can't refuse.
    Anyone else in this position?
    Bearin' up!

In RJEL (18-team mixed), my DL is already full with nowhere to put Fujikawa: I have McCann, Forsythe, Ludwick, Young and Garza on the DL. Eaton, luckily, can still fit in my minors. Fujikawa waiting for a spot on the DL. Alex Gonzalez is walking wounded.

In a 12-team NL (Fresno is also in this league): I have McCann, Stewart, Eaton, Hart, Ludwick, Morrison, Ar Ramirez, and Baker on the DL. Clevenger, my McCann fill-in is going in for an MRI.

In another 12-team NL (my big money league): Have injuries on Clevenger and Cueto pending. Morrison, Lilly, Fujikawa, Stewart on the DL.

Don't worry, scottw, you are DEFINITELY not in it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
      Already I have lost J Kubel and Z Greinke. Prior to the draft, I had already lost Eovaldi and Forsythe. I drafted on the reserve round Mark Rogers, on the DL. I drafted [for $7.] Fat Franky, on the DL. I drafted Matt Garza, also for a nice $7., but he is on the DL.
      Of course, all my league-mates want to help me out, offering wonderful deals!
      This early, I can only stay the course unless someone comes in with an offer I really can't refuse.
      Anyone else in this position?
      What are your league's rules on curbing dumping?
      Last edited by JudeBaldo; 04-13-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Dane,
        Forsythe in 18-team mixed?
        I just found your spot for Fujikawa.

He drew crickets in my 12-team NL-only...
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Dane has a soft spot for certain players...he just can't help himself.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            He drew crickets in my 12-team NL-only...
            I had him as my last keeper at $1. Figured he'd get some playing time all over and be worth a buck effectively holding down my MI spot until Profar makes it up.

Forsythe got drafted in all four of my 12-team NL-onlies for $5 (me), $2 (kept by someone else), $5, and $2. I don't think I have an unreasonable affection for Forsythe. Some players, sure, but not him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Dane has a soft spot for certain players...he just can't help himself.
              Sure I do. Don't we all? I think this year, my soft spots are Gattis, Rosenthal, Alex Gonzalez, Villanueva, Maholm, Travis Wood, Choo, Frazier, Avilan, and minor leaguers Vogelbach and Roache.

Definitely NOT Forsythe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                Sure I do. Don't we all? I think this year, my soft spots are Gattis, Rosenthal, Alex Gonzalez, Villanueva, Maholm, Travis Wood, Choo, Frazier, Avilan, and minor leaguers Vogelbach and Roache.

Definitely NOT Forsythe.
                We do, but I recall your unreasonable man-crush on Gamel for a couple of years...most definitely unhealthy. I always want certain players, but I have to let them go by the wayside if the price isn't right, or the draft spot too high. I try not to get too attached to a certain player. As an example, I LOVE Albert Pujols, and always have, he was my first "discovery" when he was in ST as a rookie. This season in my AL only league, I had my choice of dealing for Albert or Prince, and I took Price after much agonizing. Still hurts, but it was the right decision.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

"Forsythe got drafted in all four of my 12-team NL-onlies for $5 (me), $2 (kept by someone else), $5, and $2"

so 2, 5 and 2 in three other West Coast NL-onlies, and that makes him hard to drop in an 18-team mixed?
                  He puts the "fun" in "fungible" at that depth
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    "Forsythe got drafted in all four of my 12-team NL-onlies for $5 (me), $2 (kept by someone else), $5, and $2"
                    so 2, 5 and 2 in three other West Coast NL-onlies, and that makes him hard to drop in an 18-team mixed?
                    He puts the "fun" in "fungible" at that depth
                    Like I said, he was the last of my 10 keepers, and at a buck, yeah he's fungible, but with a tad of upside that comes with his youth and maybe some opportunity. He's not Reid Brignac.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      We do, but I recall your unreasonable man-crush on Gamel for a couple of years...most definitely unhealthy.
                      Oh yeah, I LOVED Gamel there for a bit, but I never had to pay anything for him. He was a minors keeper, I'm pretty sure. He may have been what I got back in trade when I gave up Wade Davis, although I may be misremembering that. Even though Gamel never played, I think I won that trade.

I am completely over my Gamel love at this point.

Comment

In my 12-team NL-Only I've already lost ARam, Ludwick, Eovaldi, Venters, Forsythe, and possibly Cueto. No one has come forth with a trade offer since we can't do dump deals until May, but I'm sure they'll be coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          In my 12-team NL-Only I've already lost ARam, Ludwick, Eovaldi, Venters, Forsythe, and possibly Cueto. No one has come forth with a trade offer since we can't do dump deals until May, but I'm sure they'll be coming soon.
                          Oh, they are coming, all right! Just this morning, I was contacted by 2 guys wanting to "help me Out".
                          They want to help separate me from several terrific healthy players in exchange for scrubs who will accumulate stats while my wounded are healing. Like: Duda and I Davis for Ryu and Chris Johnson.
                          Or, Hairston, Uribe, Torres, Collmenter for Davis and segura + scrubs. I think I just have to suck it up and wait, rather than get hosed trying to be proactive. Agree?
                          Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                            Oh, they are coming, all right! Just this morning, I was contacted by 2 guys wanting to "help me Out".
                            They want to help separate me from several terrific healthy players in exchange for scrubs who will accumulate stats while my wounded are healing. Like: Duda and I Davis for Ryu and Chris Johnson.
                            Or, Hairston, Uribe, Torres, Collmenter for Davis and segura + scrubs. I think I just have to suck it up and wait, rather than get hosed trying to be proactive. Agree?
                            You have to wait it out in order to gain some leverage. But if a deal that will help you improve your keeper list for next season is presented, I'd at least think about it.

Comment

The tough choice is deciding whether to go for it or bail. Do you need stats now, or prospects... it's tough to do both. I'm facing the same decision in my AL league as I've lost 4 players this week including Reyes and Cespedes. Not sure if I can make up those stats.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X