Jorge Soler Attacks Dugout with Bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorge Soler Attacks Dugout with Bat

Details are still scarce, but apparently one of Chicago's top prospects, Jorge Soler, was ejected from the Daytona Cubs game against the Clearwater Threshers tonight when he charged the Threshers dugout with a bat after exchanging some words with Daytona's second baseman.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Good for Javier Baez for having the sense to pull him away... sounds like we know which propect doesn't have maturity issues

Comment

So, Delmon Young gets 50 games for flipping a bat NEAR an umpire, and Soler gets 5 games for freaking out and attacking the dugout with a bat??? Yeah, that seems fair...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        So, Delmon Young gets 50 games for flipping a bat NEAR an umpire, and Soler gets 5 games for freaking out and attacking the dugout with a bat??? Yeah, that seems fair...
        I thought it seemed ridiculously low. Security should be instructed to taze any player that wields a bat.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Security should be instructed to taze any player that wields a bat.
          Cameron Maybin is in no danger of being tazed...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
            Nice one, Bryan!

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
              Bwahahaha!

I mean, as a padre fan, boohoohoo

Comment

I just traded for him....laroche and cingrani for hafner and soler. May have overpaid, especially if this incident is indicative of future issues. I don't think it will be. I think his bat will be special.

Comment

Working...
                X