Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubs quest to lose 100 games begins in 45 minutes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    That is probably just rhetoric to increase his trade value, right?
    No, they need him to actually get better so they can trade him. Also remember Cubs mgmt. does not really want to win this year. A .500 season would be a disaster to their plans.

Comment

A goat's head was delivered to Wrigley Field on Wednesday addressed to Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts, a team spokesman confirmed.

A Cubs fan leaves a goat's head at Gate K.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
        http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...-wrigley-field

A Cubs fan leaves a goat's head at Gate K.
        The police are viewing this as a threatening package!!?? What? It is just a stupid prank. Don't make it a big deal.

The goat was delicious.

Comment

Maybe it's just being the Cubs closer that makes you suck, not specific to Marmol? Ugh.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

The Cubs have no closer.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              Maybe it's just being the Cubs closer that makes you suck, not specific to Marmol? Ugh.
              Yeah, the Fujikawa era is looking a lot like the Marmol era.

Comment

at the very least, you gotta love Carlos Villanueva's handlebar mustache!

Comment

Did they really just bring in Marmol with a guy on second and one out in a one-run game to pitch to Votto? Ugh.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Did they really just bring in Marmol with a guy on second and one out in a one-run game to pitch to Votto? Ugh.
                    Perfect move Dale, thank you for your contribution to losing 100 games.

How can you not know that Marmol does not have the head for the role of closer?

Kevin Gregg...now there is the answer.

Comment

Why didn't the mgr. just let Villanueva finish it out? Did the mgr provide an answer after the game? or was it the same old tired BS, "Gotta bring in the closer".

Found the answer to my query:

Marmol was credited with his second victory, leading the staff, while Kevin Gregg notched his first save. Sveum said he pulled Villanueva for Marmol after 99 pitches because Joey Votto was 1-for-15 against Marmol in his career, including a key strikeout on Monday.

"The numbers don't lie," Sveum said. "He got the ground ball. I was like 'Really? You can't hit it at somebody?' But Marmol was all right."
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Why didn't the mgr. just let Villanueva finish it out? Did the mgr provide an answer after the game? or was it the same old tired BS, "Gotta bring in the closer".

Found the answer to my query:

Marmol was credited with his second victory, leading the staff, while Kevin Gregg notched his first save. Sveum said he pulled Villanueva for Marmol after 99 pitches because Joey Votto was 1-for-15 against Marmol in his career, including a key strikeout on Monday.

"The numbers don't lie," Sveum said. "He got the ground ball. I was like 'Really? You can't hit it at somebody?' But Marmol was all right."
                        Votto also has 9 strikeouts in those 15 at bats against Marmol

Comment

That was then, this is now.

Marmol didn't wiff Votto. Votto hit. Did that really surprise anyone?

Comment

oh, I would have been frustrated regardless of the result.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Votto got lucky on a ground ball, though. Let's not blow this out of proportion.
                              I do not think I am. The Cubs Mgmt's game plan is to be actually bad...very bad this year.

We have finally gotten so bad that now we view losing as a good thing and winning as a bad thing.

They couldn't/shouldn't possibly want me to root for them to fail and actually win games. Go Cubs Mgmt Go. Hey there what you say Cubs are going to lose today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                That was then, this is now.

Marmol didn't wiff Votto. Votto hit. Did that really surprise anyone?
                                And Votto struck out facing Marmol on Monday in the 10th inning with two runners on and first base open. Marmol whiffed him swinging two days ago in their latest at bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X