Mind if I hang out here, for awhile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind if I hang out here, for awhile?

Good luck to everyone drafting today. After dropping out of my longtime league last year, I got pulled back in when one of the new owners left. However, our auction is not until next Saturday 4/6, so I look forward to reading all of the NL only recaps that will show up this weekend.

(I really miss you guys and hanging out here. It makes me nostalgic to see so many familiar names still posting.)
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

I draft that same day in my NL-only, actually....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      I draft that same day in my NL-only, actually....
      Then you guys can both hang out here.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
        Good luck to everyone drafting today. After dropping out of my longtime league last year, I got pulled back in when one of the new owners left. However, our auction is not until next Saturday 4/6, so I look forward to reading all of the NL only recaps that will show up this weekend.

(I really miss you guys and hanging out here. It makes me nostalgic to see so many familiar names still posting.)
        Nice to see you back...stick around and drop some knowledge on us from time to time.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Welcome back! Need more mets fans here.

Had our auction last week. Let me know what intel might be helpful (pm).

Comment

Welcome, T-Rogue!

Good to hear from you.

Comment

I'm still playing SD, but I'm looking forward to really getting back into Roto. As Horns suggested, I hope to be around more often this year, though I'm not sure how much knowledge I can add. I'll be looking to you all in order to get smarter. But I will share my opinions, for what they are worth (not nearly as much as Gris' $0.02, I imagine). That, and commiserate all season with my fellow Mets fans (I think I'll take you up on your offer, Sharky...look for a PM later today).
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out (let's go old school with a reference )

Comment

Originally posted by Phineas to Ferb View Post
                  Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out (let's go old school with a reference )
                  "Yeah we tease him a lot 'cause we got him on the spot, welcome back." LOL

So, the ever mysterious Phineas to Ferb makes an appearance. For those that do not know, I discovered that the "hitman" (for anyone who has ever read one of my auction anatomy threads) was not an assassin. He's an attorney (which some might argue is even worse), who finally revealed his RJ identity that he used to "spy" on my thoughts/draft strategy. Despite that, he's a likeable guy...even though he blew me off for lunch last week because of work (what a lame excuse).

Of course, the fact that he admittedly "spied" on my draft thoughts is probably what has doomed his teams in the past. Clearly he should have picked a far better source from whom to glean knowledge. With that said, he has a solid keeper list this season, and we expect great things from him. If he doesn't win this season, there may be no hope for him.
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Dropping out entailed sitting through the 10 hour draft as an observer and being roped back in after a month. Some sabbatical!

Comment

Well, since it was a two hour drive from my house to the far reaches of the earth where our draft took place...going all the way home, then coming back to pick you up was far less palatable than sticking around (Our new auction host has an incredibly nice house, though. His basement/entertainment room was worth hanging out at, whether there was an auction or not). Besides, the comedy of last year's auction had untold entertainment value that will last for years.

For the record, the offending trade which led to the chain of events causing me to replace the other owner took place on July 11th. So I rejoined the league some time during the 2nd or 3rd week of July. And, just to get you riled up, that trade was:

Team 1 owner who is friends with, and recruited team Team 2 owner to join the league trades Brandon Crawford, Todd Helton (11), Brian Wilson, Norichika Aoki (1), Carlos Martinez, Roger Bernadina (2), Dillon Gee (2), Cory Luebke (4) and Joe Kelly to Team 2 owner who never responded to anyone's trade offers in the week's leading up to this trade and thus totally angered every member of the league when this deal went down for Brandon Belt (22), Gio Gonzalez (29), A.J. Ellis (3), Justin Upton (69), Josh Johnson (31), Omar Infante (1), Jonathan Papelbon (29) and Emilio Bonifacio (1).
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Still waiting for an auction recap.

Comment

Originally posted by Phineas to Ferb View Post
                          Still waiting for an auction recap.
                          Well you could write one. LOL

(Maybe I'll do an anatomy post this weekend...though, with everyone having already done their league drafts, it might feel a bit dated.)
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Working...
                          X