No announcement yet.

Barrell-Bottom SP Scraping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT'S good to hear. He was actually rostered in this league last year, but forgotten after the trade.

So my starting staff is now Gallardo, Romero, Griffin, Floyd, Eovaldi, Turner, Skaggs, Porcello and Peacock. We start 5 — I just need a couple of those to strike lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Oooh, nice. I was gonna recommend Peacock, but with Porcello on your list I couldn't do it without being too much of a homer. Peacock has looked really good this spring. His delivery is cleaned up and his new sinker is working.
      If Alex White starts the year as the 5th starter and Peacock long reliever, do you think he would have a shot during the year to take over for White. Or would Peacock be locked in to LMR?

Comment

Gregg, I can't talk about who's going to win which job.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

If you didn't go get Peacock before tonight, go get him now. He was lights out against the Yankees. He's really in a groove.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

If you didn't go get Peacock before tonight, go get him now. He was lights out against the Yankees. He's really in a groove.
            good intel, but let's see how he does against a real major league team.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              good intel, but let's see how he does against a real major league team.
              Ha!

His spring innings were distributed as follows:
              7 innings vs NY Yankees
              5 innings vs Pittsburgh
              3 innings vs Detroit
              3 innings vs Philadelphia
              1 inning vs NY Mets
              0.2 innings vs Washington

His last four outings--Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Yankees--were where he looked the best (16 innings, 10 hits, 4 walks, 12 strikeouts).

Comment

I was pissed when I lost out on Peacock in the reserves...I've always liked him and the numbers last year were a wake-up call for him to adjust his approach. His interview with Grant Paulsen on Minors & Majors went through that process

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  His interview with Grant Paulsen on Minors & Majors went through that process
                  Do you know of an archive of those shows somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                    Do you know of an archive of those shows somewhere?
                    they archive them online, but you need a subscription. Peacock said coaches previously had tried to talk him into using a 2-seamer but he wasn't very receptive to coaching but last year was a wake-up call for him which opened his mind to coaching.

Comment

T Stauffer was great 2 years ago and got hit with injuries last year.
                      He had a rough spring but pitches well at home.
                      Worth a look in a deep league

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        they archive them online, but you need a subscription. Peacock said coaches previously had tried to talk him into using a 2-seamer but he wasn't very receptive to coaching but last year was a wake-up call for him which opened his mind to coaching.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Gregg, I can't talk about who's going to win which job.
                          Kevin, I know that, even if you did I couldn't hear you. That is why I asked you to write the answer.

All kidding aside, one year before everything was on computers, I called the Rockies to find out who was going to be the closer. They told me who was leading the pack and sent me an unexpected nice gift packet of Rockies trinkets. Of course that is when we were getting our stats from USA Today.

Comment

Peacock officially named Astros' 4th starter.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                            X