2k13: Fernando Rodney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    I'd see Peralta or Farnsworth first. McGee's fastball is a weapon Joe likes to utilize in many different ways.
    interesting. A lot of thoughts out there saying to roster McGee now because he'll be closing next year.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      interesting. A lot of thoughts out there saying to roster McGee now because he'll be closing next year.
      I hear/see that, but based on what? McGee will be arb eligible here next season so the less saves he has, the better for the team long term. He truly is a one pitch guy as his breaking ball is not one he can really throw for strikes and he has no off-speed pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        According to the BP podcast today (reporting what RJ Anderson said), Rodney moved back to the other side of the rubber this year. (The one where he sucked prior to 2012)

Sell, Mortimer, sell!
        Why would he possibly change anything from last year?

Comment

he's changing more stuff...for the worse

note the feet:

Last night

Comment

Any chance he loses his job to Peralta anytime soon? Or will they be sticking with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
              Any chance he loses his job to Peralta anytime soon? Or will they be sticking with him?
              Peralta is too valuable in the other innings since he can often work both the 7th and the 8th. I'm putting a few bucks in on Jamey Wright in the interim as he's the only other reliever worth considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Peralta is too valuable in the other innings since he can often work both the 7th and the 8th. I'm putting a few bucks in on Jamey Wright in the interim as he's the only other reliever worth considering.
                Scary and interesting at the same time, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I felt compelled to post this after watching him in the WBC tonight.

How does a career mediocrity have one of the greatest seasons by a closer in MLB history completely out of nowhere-- at age 35, no less? Yeah, he once saved 37 games, but if you compare those two seasons, they're night and day.

His BB% plummeted out of nowhere, it seems. His 1.8 BB% is almost HALF his prior season low. Heck, in '11 his BB% was 7.6/9 IP!! His BB/K ratio was by far the highest of his career, and not even close: 5.07, next best is 2.57.

While he never gave up too many HRs, his H% and BB% plunged to seemingly unsustainable levels.

I was born in NYC, so I'm naturally a skeptic. I ain't buying. He's being drafted as an elite option at closer, when he should be looked at as a potential disaster.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3.50+ ERA or perhaps a loss of his job altogether. Unless, of course, we're not privvvy to what may be really going on here.......
                  He now has more walks this season, in 15 IP, then he had all last year in 76 IP, and it's a not pretty 9 BB/9!!!! I'm not sure what's going on with Rodney, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable as a Rodney owner about now.....

Comment

He's changed mechanically, and for the worse. No idea why anyone would mess with success but his front foot is doing a double or triple tap before pitches now when he had no such thing last season.

I was fine with normal regression in 2013 of pitch outcomes but this BS with his mechanics needs to be corrected, asap. Peralta is the only reliever anyone trusts right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X