They Never Learn--Arod et al caught again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Never Learn--Arod et al caught again

I get wanting to do everything to be your best. I get the competitive drive that pushes athletes to do anything they can to get ahead. I get the moral justifications these guys go through in sports where they feel everyone else is doing it. I don't agree with it all, but I understand most of it. But I don't understand enduring the public humiliation of being outed as a cheater, having that revalation turn your life upside down, and then going right back to trying to get away with it again. The debate about PED use and the HOF aside, man, if stupid could keep you out of the HOF, players who get caught multiple times as a PED user sure would qualify.

Most of these names you know--they've already been caught by baseball's anti-PED program. A couple of new names on this list too, most notably, Nelson Cruz and Gio Gonzalez. But AROD sticks out to me. Do you laud the guy for wanting to live up to his contract (he certainly isn't cheating for the money at this point) or pile on him for being a world class idiot and desperate people-pleasing egomaniac? Did he really have anything to lose here? Is your opinion of him any lower than it already was? Will any of these players even get suspended over this, or do the PEd rules require that you test dirty for a suspension?

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...biggest-names/

I believe that MLB requires an actual failed test, unless they want to suspend you for associating with criminals, which is always sketchy since what if you were hanging out with Josh Lueke or Ray Lewis or something?

Comment

That article is from the future!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
        That article is from the future!!!!
        Too funny.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

If anyone reads this is full, can you post some cliff notes? I'd love to read this but work is getting in the way!
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
            If anyone reads this is full, can you post some cliff notes? I'd love to read this but work is getting in the way!
            Baseball stars linked to some shady PED doctor.

Sun set to rise tomorrow as well.

Comment

Joking aside, here's the part anyone in baseball cares about:

Then check out the main column, where their real names flash like an all-star roster of professional athletes with Miami ties: San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera, Oakland A's hurler Bartolo Colón, and Texas Rangers slugger Nelson Cruz. There's even the New York Yankees' $275 million man himself, Alex Rodriguez, who has sworn he stopped juicing a decade ago.

Read further and you'll find more than a dozen other baseball pros, from former University of Miami ace Cesar Carrillo to Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal to Washington Nationals star Gio Gonzalez. Notable coaches are there too, including UM baseball conditioning guru Jimmy Goins.

Comment

Please give the Yankees grounds to void your contract, Alex.

Comment

at this point, has ARod joined the other known/suspected juicers on the "Not Likely to Make the HOF" list?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    at this point, has ARod joined the other known/suspected juicers on the "Not Likely to Make the HOF" list?
                    I'd be willing to say he was already there given how little the idiot voters need to convict.

Comment

I think he was already on the list with Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa and Palmeiro. I think most if not all of them should and will be inducted eventually, because MLB needs to own its history, but I think they probably should be denied an induction ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        No such luck, that contract was written well before h got caught the 1st time, and I doubt that anything short of a successful criminal prosecution would be grounds to void the deal.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          FWIW, on the MLB Network yesterday, Harold Reynolds stated that he believes that ARod will "never play again." He believes this surgery is of the career-ending variety.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            I believe that MLB requires an actual failed test, unless they want to suspend you for associating with criminals, which is always sketchy since what if you were hanging out with Josh Lueke or Ray Lewis or something?
                            Per RotoWorld: The joint drug agreement allows for players to be suspended for just cause, so records of purchasing PEDs could put them at risk, but MLB figures to conduct a lengthy investigation before any decisions are rendered. Of course, the players would also have the right to appeal any decision.

Comment

FWIW, on the MLB Network yesterday, Harold Reynolds stated that he believes that ARod will "never play again." He believes this surgery is of the career-ending variety.
                              I assume the Yanks have the contract insured. If he's deemed medically unable to play, will his salary still count for luxury tax purposes?

Comment

Working...
                              X