Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.Shields for C.Lewis

12 team AL only

Been looking for a cheap pitcher well under value and may be able to make a deal. Pitching goes fairly high in our league which is why I'm keeping Scherzer at $24.

So here's the offer

My James Shields $21 and Brett Cecil $13 for his Colby Lewis $11. I'm going to try and get Z.Britton $2 xx back as well, but it may just be a 2-1.

Deal or no Deal? Is Lewis for real? I think this is a no brainer for me but I'm waiting to hear back. He sounded interested.

I would hurt myself getting to the accept button. Shields and Cecil are not even keepers for me. But Colby is a solid keep at 11.

Comment

If you can swing this, I want to be your Padawan, great master of the Force. Unlike others, I am not optimistic about Shields returning to '07-08 value. Many talk about his skills, but I see a guy who's hit his xERA one of five years, gets his mistakes crushed, and pitches in the toughest hitting division in baseball. And even if I'm wrong, Shields upside is probably right where Colby will earn, all for $10 less. Cecil's OK, and probably around value. But you're not losing much there.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I would hurt myself getting to the accept button. Shields and Cecil are not even keepers for me. But Colby is a solid keep at 11.
        Just curious. Do you think Bedard is a good risk for higher value at $9. Also what do you think of Carrasco of Clev at $5 and Holland of Tex at $10.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
          Just curious. Do you think Bedard is a good risk for higher value at $9. Also what do you think of Carrasco of Clev at $5 and Holland of Tex at $10.
          I wouldn't risk that much on Bedard. There's just way too much chance that he doesn't even pitch. At those prices I'd probably take Carrasco - both are pretty close to their proper value and have some upside, so it's a coin flip, I'd rather lose less money if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
            12 team AL only

Been looking for a cheap pitcher well under value and may be able to make a deal. Pitching goes fairly high in our league which is why I'm keeping Scherzer at $24.

So here's the offer

My James Shields $21 and Brett Cecil $13 for his Colby Lewis $11. I'm going to try and get Z.Britton $2 xx back as well, but it may just be a 2-1.

Deal or no Deal? Is Lewis for real? I think this is a no brainer for me but I'm waiting to hear back. He sounded interested.
            I like Shields and Cecil, but I would jump on this deal. You'll have great profit potential with Lewis.

Comment

Working...
            X