2K13: Colby Rasmus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13: Colby Rasmus

This kid seems like he should be a star at this point. Age 26 with flashes of good to great power but he is so ridiculously streaky due to his hacking tendencies. He's put up tolerable BB/K ratios in the past but he has displayed contact skills that have ranged from 68%-80%. At 80% consistently, he'd be a very good fantasy player but he is useless when he strikes out all the time. He gets going though, he seems to be able to rake in stretches.

Even though he doesn't run much he does have good speed and could be a good source of XBH hits if he could just get his head on straight at the plate. He's being drafted around pick 280. He is penciled in right now in the 5-hole hitting behind Encarnacion, Bautista, Melky and Reyes.
    Last edited by DJBeasties; 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

This seems like now or never time for Ramus. With the Jays in win it all mode and Gose chomping at the bit and Bonafacio as another option the Blue Jays don't need to tolerate lack of performance.

Comment

I have run out of patience with Colby. I traded him with a $15 Leonys Martin for Konerko. I just can't take the BA.

Comment

I don't expect him to hit in the 5 hole unless he does better than we think. I think Lind or even Lawrie are going to be more attractive options.

Amazingly, for a guy with a terrible AVG, his K% isn't that bad. Last year he was at 23.8%. It was just that he combined it with a .259 BABIP. Which he somehow managed despite a 20.1% line drive rate. He did hit a ton of pop-ups and also hit .182 in 154 ABs against lefties. Maybe he's a guy who you want to be platooned. If he was a Ray, he could put up Matt Joyce numbers every year - 450 AB, .260-20-70.

I think he is who he is, but the AVG will come up a little bit. Maybe .244-25-75 with a few less ABs against lefties.

Comment

Working...
        X