Official "Panic Button" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Edwin Diaz is showing us why no closer can be trusted.
    In my 16tm redraft league, he was the main piece traded just a week ago for Skubal. Ouch.He has ONE save since April 16.

Comment

Latest:
      Evan Carter - hitting .190 on the year, and just .151 over the last month. Panic Meter - 6.

Eduard Julien - whiffing like crazy (40%), hitting just .147 the last 4 weeks. Panic Meter - 7.5.

George Springer - is he going over the falls? 34 years old, hitting .188 with just 3 HRs and 9 RBIs. Not getting demoted, but this is definitely not what fantasy owners expected. Panic Meter - 7.

Michael Harris - .176/.219/.253 the last month. Bad month, or bad season on the horizon? His owner in my redraft league is desperately shopping him. Panic Meter - 6.

Stud Division:
      Ronald Acuna - just .246/.348/.356 on the season with only 4 HRs. He'll probably turn it around, but is on pace for just 13 HRs after last year's 41. Panic Meter - 3.

Austin Riley - Atlanta inexplicably has held him out for the last dozen games without putting him on the IL, and he still has just 3 HRs on the season. Panic Meter - 6.

Corbin Carroll - disastrous, just .186 on the season, with only 2 HRs. Panic Meter - 4.

Julio Rodriguez - terrible so far. Last 30 days: .229/.277/.305. 12 BBs, 63 Ks on the season. If you drafted him top 5, you're sweating bullets. Panic Meter - 5.

Randy Arozarena - still hitting just .159 on the season. Panic Meter - 7.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Latest:
        Evan Carter - hitting .190 on the year, and just .151 over the last month. Panic Meter - 6.

Eduard Julien - whiffing like crazy (40%), hitting just .147 the last 4 weeks. Panic Meter - 7.5.

George Springer - is he going over the falls? 34 years old, hitting .188 with just 3 HRs and 9 RBIs. Not getting demoted, but this is definitely not what fantasy owners expected. Panic Meter - 7.

Michael Harris - .176/.219/.253 the last month. Bad month, or bad season on the horizon? His owner in my redraft league is desperately shopping him. Panic Meter - 6.

Stud Division:
        Ronald Acuna - just .246/.348/.356 on the season with only 4 HRs. He'll probably turn it around, but is on pace for just 13 HRs after last year's 41. Panic Meter - 3.

Austin Riley - Atlanta inexplicably has held him out for the last dozen games without putting him on the IL, and he still has just 3 HRs on the season. Panic Meter - 6.

Corbin Carroll - disastrous, just .186 on the season, with only 2 HRs. Panic Meter - 4.

Julio Rodriguez - terrible so far. Last 30 days: .229/.277/.305. 12 BBs, 63 Ks on the season. If you drafted him top 5, you're sweating bullets. Panic Meter - 5.

Randy Arozarena - still hitting just .159 on the season. Panic Meter - 7.
        I just traded for Harris and Carter...more worried about Carter, but both are making me nervous. Julien had a good start but is in a nosedive. I am assuming he is worthless at this point, but maybe I'll get pleasantly surprised.

Vlad has picked it up, hitting .439 in his last 15 games, but still not a lot of power.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Julio has homered in back-to-back games now and filled up the box score today (3-5, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI, 2 SB). The buy-low window has closed.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Julio has homered in back-to-back games now and filled up the box score today (3-5, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI, 2 SB). The buy-low window has closed.
            i hope you are right, the one Mariner game I went to about 2 or 3 weeks ago he homered and doubled off the top of the wall...while better than his April numbers, the May numbers are still mediocre. He may be following the Vlad/Soto path of crushing his first year or two and then never improving.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

i hope you are right, the one Mariner game I went to about 2 or 3 weeks ago he homered and doubled off the top of the wall...while better than his April numbers, the May numbers are still mediocre. He may be following the Vlad/Soto path of crushing his first year or two and then never improving.
              You need to go to more games.

Most players don't reach their peak (improve) until age 26-28. So the guys who get called up at age 20 usually have a long way to go. I'm not expecting a 40/40 MVP season yet, just a 25/25 all-star one.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

You need to go to more games.

Most players don't reach their peak (improve) until age 26-28. So the guys who get called up at age 20 usually have a long way to go. I'm not expecting a 40/40 MVP season yet, just a 25/25 all-star one.
                i do need to go to more games ! And I understand that most guys improve from when they are 20/21...but I was just pointing out that the recent phenoms don't seem to be following that track. soto and vlad...possibly Carroll as well.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i do need to go to more games ! And I understand that most guys improve from when they are 20/21...but I was just pointing out that the recent phenoms don't seem to be following that track. soto and vlad...possibly Carroll as well.
                  it is odd how they can be so good at such a young age, but they can't match their performance or improve in the next few years. Soto's last three years were not as good as his first three. Vlad's third year was amazing, but he couldn't match that in the following years. It goes against what I think most of us believe will happen, we expect to see improvement.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

it is odd how they can be so good at such a young age, but they can't match their performance or improve in the next few years. Soto's last three years were not as good as his first three. Vlad's third year was amazing, but he couldn't match that in the following years. It goes against what I think most of us believe will happen, we expect to see improvement.
                    It's a game of adjustments. And some hitters take longer to adjust to the new ways that they are being pitched. With Julio, I think he is just a slow starter. Plus, that big contract that he signed is probably distracting him from his off-season conditioning program.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It's a game of adjustments. And some hitters take longer to adjust to the new ways that they are being pitched. With Julio, I think he is just a slow starter. Plus, that big contract that he signed is probably distracting him from his off-season conditioning program.
                      Well sure...but the question is have we seen the best Julio Rodriguez already....or is he going to consistently be better than what we saw in 2022/2023 ? The 2024 Julio Rodriguez is just not good. I think most everyone expects he will be good again...but will he be great ? As a Mariner fan I sure hope so, but i am a lot less confident than I was a year or two ago. Tough being a Mariner or Pirate fan, amirite ?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well sure...but the question is have we seen the best Julio Rodriguez already....or is he going to consistently be better than what we saw in 2022/2023 ? The 2024 Julio Rodriguez is just not good. I think most everyone expects he will be good again...but will he be great ? As a Mariner fan I sure hope so, but i am a lot less confident than I was a year or two ago. Tough being a Mariner or Pirate fan, amirite ?
                        Julio is just getting warmed up. He is still an unfinished product. He will have 4 hit games and he will have 4 strikeout games. But, he will get better. Much better.

Don't get me started on the Pirates and their 10 year rebuilding plan.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Latest:

Harris started out bad in the first half last year before turning it on. I think the panic meter is way too high for him.

Comment

I just traded Carter-5B and Jeffers-5A for Vlad-37X. I think Carter will be great eventually but he's really struggling and already in a platoon so I felt he was expendable. I only picked up Jeffers because Murphy got hurt, so he too was expendable. Vlad has been on a tear, let's hope that continues with some more power.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Rays offense every day is a panic. Being no-hit by Spence thru 5 today after being perfected thru 6 just a few days ago

Comment

Latest:
                                Evan Carter - hitting .190 on the year, and just .151 over the last month. Panic Meter - 6..
                                Carter to the IL with a "nagging lower back issue." He was in the midst of a 2 for 38 tailspin. Activated to take his place is Wyatt "Living, Breathing Ofer Four" Langford. Time running out for both to prove this isn't a lost, in over your head season. Panic Meters on both creep up to 8.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X