Henry Davis - C,OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Davis - C,OF

Not yet, but he has two games behind the plate already.

Once he gains a C designation, how much PT will he get and where will he stand in the C ranks? The projections are all for less than 200 PA but still show 15 HR.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Davis will be the Pirates number one catcher all year. Grandal will be the backup/ day game after night game catcher when he's healthy. Endy will be back next year to try to reclaim his catcher job. So long term position eligibility is no guarantee for Davis.

I don't think Davis will be a top 10 hitting catcher. He's probably just another one of the low-average, power-hitting catchers among the middle tiers at the position. Although, he should get more at bats than the catcher only guys which bumps him up a little..
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And I have to think that Shelton will want to rest Davis' legs when he isn't catching. So, expect to see more DH time than OF, which could cause Davis to lose OF eligibility next season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Davis will be the Pirates number one catcher all year. Grandal will be the backup/ day game after night game catcher when he's healthy. Endy will be back next year to try to reclaim his catcher job. So long term position eligibility is no guarantee for Davis.

I don't think Davis will be a top 10 hitting catcher. He's probably just another one of the low-average, power-hitting catchers among the middle tiers at the position. Although, he should get more at bats than the catcher only guys which bumps him up a little..
        I have seen few projects with 500 PA. It seems like you expect more.

The standard slash line is .240/.335/.410 with about 15 HR in 450-500 PA. Does that seem fair or do you expect more?
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          I have seen few projects with 500 PA. It seems like you expect more.

The standard slash line is .240/.335/.410 with about 15 HR in 450-500 PA. Does that seem fair or do you expect more?
          That slash line seems about right with a couple more hr. I think he will get closer to 20.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I spent $14 on him in our NL only and I think it was a mistake. Won’t crush me, but should have spent the money elsewhere. I also spent $6 on Gary Sanchez. Hope that pans out for HR!

Comment

That slash line seems about right with a couple more hr. I think he will get closer to 20.
              OK

How about .245/.340/.425 with 20 HR in 550 PA? That would mean some time at DH with occasional spot use in OF.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                OK

How about .245/.340/.425 with 20 HR in 550 PA? That would mean some time at DH with occasional spot use in OF.
                This thread is making me curious, what is the significance in locking down Madducks projected stats for Henry Davis ?

Davis was .213/.302/.351 in 255 plate appearances last year for Pittsburgh. There is a significant chance he is worthless this year. Also a chance he puts together a nice season....but what is the point of you getting Madducks to define a precise projection of his stats. Inquiring minds want to know
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

This thread is making me curious, what is the significance in locking down Madducks projected stats for Henry Davis ?

Davis was .213/.302/.351 in 255 plate appearances last year for Pittsburgh. There is a significant chance he is worthless this year. Also a chance he puts together a nice season....but what is the point of you getting Madducks to define a precise projection of his stats. Inquiring minds want to know
                  And if there are any publishers involved, payment will be required. Accuracy is not guaranteed.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And if there are any publishers involved, payment will be required. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
                    Check is in the mail, I am sure
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I feel like this was written just for 1J

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                      X