Robert Suarez in to pitch the 8th.

Comment

Snell out.

Robert Suarez pitched a perfect 8th.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Suarez pitched a perfect 8th so no-no is intact thru 8 IP. But the game is still scoreless.

Comment

Tatis doubles to lead the SD 8th, then stole 3B. With a man at 3B and no one out, Juan Soto was intentionally walked. Luis Campusano grounded into a fielder's choice, getting Tatis at the plate. With 1B and 2B and one out, Ji Man Cho walks to load the bases. Juriskson Profar grounds into an inning-ending double play.

Scoreless to the 9th. I wish I had tickets.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Brenden Rodgers ends the no-hitter to lead off the 9th.

Still scoreless to extra frames.

BTW Corbin Burnes and the Brewers would have set a record on 10 September. Only four complete no-hitters have gone to the 10th and none further. What would we say of Harvey Haddix if the Pirates had scored in the 12th?
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Hader on in the 9th and gives up a leadoff hit to Brendan Rogers to spoil the no-hitter. And still no score.

Comment

Blake Snell's season numbers after allowing 6 ER in 4 IP to Boston on May 19th: 1-6, 5.40 ERA, 1.56 WHIP, 10.4% K-BB%, .246 Opp Avg

Since that outing: 13-3, 1.26 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 21.2% K-BB%, .153 Opp Avg Lines up to close the season vs SFG & CHW, both bottom 3rd lineups vs LHP.

He's going to win the NL Cy Young and I'm here for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Blake Snell's season numbers after allowing 6 ER in 4 IP to Boston on May 19th: 1-6, 5.40 ERA, 1.56 WHIP, 10.4% K-BB%, .246 Opp Avg

Since that outing: 13-3, 1.26 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 21.2% K-BB%, .153 Opp Avg Lines up to close the season vs SFG & CHW, both bottom 3rd lineups vs LHP.

Strider could legitimately take it from him, but I'm here for Snell too. He is helping me win back to back rings in my long time league. I made the mistake of trading him away both seasons after his bad start only to buy low later in the season just before his turn arounds. It was a dangerous, dumb chance to take when I knew he would turn things around. It did that a lot faster this year than last, which almost bit me this year. He has certainly been the best pitcher in the NL since his May turn around, and I hope he wins it, but Strider is no slouch and is just as deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

I was offered Snell that exact day in my redraft league and said, and I quote, that I wanted nothing to do with him. That team then just tried to cut their losses and traded him for Seranthony Dominguez & Patrick Wisdom. Nice job outta me!

Comment

I'll probably post this again in another thread but if Snell wins the NL CY this year, he'll be the 7th pitcher in MLB history to win a CY in each league. The other 6 are: Roger Clemens, Roy Halladay, Gaylord Perry, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and Max Scherzer. The 1st 5 are either in the HOF or would/should be except for PED concerns. The 6th is a shoe-in once he retires. Pretty good company!

Comment

Working...
                      X